Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Question for the strawberry and cream perfectionist

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Do you typically add sugar to strawberries and cream?

And what sort of cream is to be used?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aldi are still stocking Spanish strawberries.

With perfect strawberry weather over the last 6 weeks or so, I'd have thought UK ones would be on the shelves by now. :whistle:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

With perfect strawberry weather over the last 6 weeks or so, I'd have thought UK ones would be on the shelves by now. :whistle:

Had Sussex strawberries today delivered by Ocado. No problem with pickers here.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No sugar but clotted cream.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Almost certain that UK grown Strawberries are available, I believe that using different varieties and heated greenhouses UK Strawberries can be produced from April to October but the cost of at each end of that timescale reduces profits. It depends on how much you are willing to pay.

In answer to the original question, I like my Strawberries sliced in half, drizzled with a little Balsamic vinegar and with a shake of icing sugar over them served with a decent vanilla ice cream.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Tesco had them in February this year! I'm patiently waiting for the hundreds growing at the allotment. 2 more weeks I reckon.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
For me, Strawberries and Raspberries, always have evaporated milk, with a sprinkling of sugar - lovely stuff!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

If you care to read the punnets in Aldi, you would have seen there are also English strawberries :p Brought some over the last couple of weeks.

If you want to buy the forced Spanish crap feel free !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Always buy in season. Never by imported - almost always forced. If brought in season then there's no need for sugar - just lashings of cream. Avoid any punnets that have fruits with green / white tops.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you care to read the punnets in Aldi, you would have seen there are also English strawberries :p Brought some over the last couple of weeks.

I did read because I refuse to buy Spanish crap.

I do loves strawberries and raspberries, I eat my entire annual quota of vitamin C over the next 3 or 4 months. :lol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

You think the English ones this time of year aren't forced...?

Welcome to Thanet Earth.

thanetearth3_2677150c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here