Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Reporting a phishing scam ... or not

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just sent an email to report@phishing.gov.uk to report a phishing scam, (this being the recommended way to report phishing scams).

However, the email was blocked and bounced back by their email security as it was identified as a potential phishing scam.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Similar problem.
Police wanted a portion of CCTV from me. Left me a dedicated email address to send to.
email wouldn't take files.
Police came back and I had to explain the problem. They gave me another address.
They never returned.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just sent an email to report@phishing.gov.uk to report a phishing scam, (this being the recommended way to report phishing scams).

However, the email was blocked and bounced back by their email security as it was identified as a potential phishing scam.

But it enables the Government to state that they are on top of phishing scams as the number of reported incidents is falling, so they have give themselves a pat on the back and look good in the press.

Similar problem.
Police wanted a portion of CCTV from me. Left me a dedicated email address to send to.
Police came back and I had to explain the problem. They gave me another address.
They never returned.

Havd occassion for work to send the occasional piece of CCTV footage. We have given up trying to send "electronically" so it is now burned to disk and posted
!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've had the PayPal, HMRC, TV Licence and Car Tax scams in quick succession, but I couldn't remember the phishing address!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I tried emailing a friend serving time in Lewes prison the other day - and they wouldn't take files either.

I thank you :lolol:

I had slightly more success sending one in a cake but apparently a CD-R can't cut through bars. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here