Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 96 - England v Netherlands

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Showing exclusively on ITV4 tonight, build up from 6:30 with the 2nd game in the group Scotland v Switzerland being simulcast on ITV Hub. Should be a good watch with England coming off the back of a much needed win against the Auld Enemy in their second game. Wembley sure to be absolutely rocking.

:ascarf:

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I'll be there - again.
First time round was extraordinary.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the happiest times in our country for many years. Perfect weather, we’re absolutely smashing a major tournament being held in England, dispatching a very good Holland side with aplomb.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'll be there - again.
First time round was extraordinary.

Unfortunately, that was the only Wembley game I missed during the competition - as I was living up north at the time I had a ticket to Italy v Germany at Old Trafford the following evening.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One of the happiest times in our country for many years. Perfect weather, we’re absolutely smashing a major tournament being held in England, dispatching a very good Holland side with aplomb.

The Edam buster has to be one of the best England games in the modern era

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Edam buster has to be one of the best England games in the modern era

But also more generally as well - Cool Britannia was in, and without wanting to bring politics in, it was generally seen as a positive and exciting time to be English and in England at the time.

I’m struggling to think of a generally happier time in England since.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s on ITV Player as well. We watched it a couple of days ago and the atmosphere certainly was rocking. It’s a shame they showed Gazza’s goal in the montage in the advert breaks though; including before he scored it ! Not so much for me as I remember it like it was yesterday but for the younger members of the family watching the game for the first time.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Been looking forward to this, we were shithouse against the scots in the first half, Hoping for a draw.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I watched that match on a building site in Germany, surrounded by Belgians who were convinced that England were going to get thrashed.
I won a few beers that evening.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I fancy the wheels to come off. They weren't great against Switzerland and beating Scotland hardly means anything.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I woke my then 5 year old son, brought him downstairs, we sat and watched the fourth goal go in together, with my explaining to his puzzled mother “these things just don’t happen very often”.

I was a tad carried away, but it was simply an amazing performance. Oh to have been there.

Jimmy Grimble

Swing low sweet chariot belted around Wembley again.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We are playing very well. Unlucky with Shearers attempt cleared off the line. Teddy should have had a pen. Some great football.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Keegan “ teams like Germany who start well, rarely win tournaments “ Sake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here