Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The unusual case of who owns Swindon Town...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm looking forward to hearing about this on the Pod tomorrow morning, as I take my daughter out for her go-to-sleep pushchair walk.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Where does JR Ewing and Cliff Barnes come into this. Any voting shares to be in the discussion. Blimey I need a shower. See you next series.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Having had a brief scan of the article, my first thoughts were that perhaps these legal eagles do actually deserve some of the high incomes they receive.
It does make you realise that anyone going into the world of football finance without professional advice must be bonkers.
There must be so many people that have lost a fortune and very few that have made money.

For me it feels like another disappointment learning about the murky dealings of our beautiful game. I think I've been blinkered too long.
Personally I blame The Price of Football podcast for ruining my illusion of the game being run by football fans wanting the best for their local communities..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Because I'm lazy I skipped the detail.

So who does own Swindon Town?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Couldnt understand jargon. Who won or is winning Power or Standing. Was owns Swindon

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting stuff. Lee Power sounds like a right spiv. The sad thing is he, Standing and Barry would all have made a handsome profit had they kept things amicable, above board and sold to the Yanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here