Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we stay up? Your thoughts

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
So it looks like the money is going to talk and the season will be forced to restart. Just curious to know whether the majority on here think we will stay up or go down. Personally I am on the fence but kinda leaning over it and looking at the Championship.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really bothered at all, there are more serious issues that need resolving prior to the Premier League restarting.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
200.gif

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that we will restart, and drop into the bottom 3 after 2 games have been played.

The season will then be abandoned and the Albion litigation machine will then WIN a court battle that we can't be relegated if the restart isn't fully completed, as we weren't in the bottom 3 when the aborted restart commenced.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We might. I think the current odd for us being relegated are 3-1, with Norwich, Villa, Muff all odds on if that means much to you.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think that we will restart, and drop into the bottom 3 after 2 games have been played.

The season will then be abandoned and the Albion litigation machine will then WIN a court battle that we can't be relegated if the restart isn't fully completed, as we weren't in the bottom 3 when the aborted restart commenced.

Probably closest to the truth. Two games in and Liverpool win the league, will they fall off and leave out big names?
Would Man City or Liverpool stars really be up for a match at the Amex after everything has been decided? Newcastle, it's a long way to travel. How will they get here? Private plane with no 'outside' staff?
Interesting to see what the viewing figures will be. Presuming all games on TV, although undecided where. Cant see Sky or BT giving up their rights.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We might. I think the current odd for us being relegated are 3-1, with Norwich, Villa, Muff all odds on if that means much to you.

But is that skewed by the fact that if we don't end up restarting they will be relegated on pretty much any calculation of outcome?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Let's be honest, we're dreadful.

If the season is completed I can't see any outcome other than relegation for us. Not tight at the back and we don't score. If the season is canceled and we keep our place in the PL it'll at least give us a few months to get our act together.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But is that skewed by the fact that if we don't end up restarting they will be relegated on pretty much any calculation of outcome?

No. In fact our odds were longer at 7-2 before everything was stopped.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If the season is completed I can't see any outcome other than relegation for us. Not tight at the back and we don't score. If the season is canceled and we keep our place in the PL it'll at least give us a few months to get our act together.

We're about mid-table on goals conceded, same as Spurs and Burnley and we've only conceded one more than Chelsea. Problem is the other end of the pitch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Yet we’ve not been in the bottom 3 all season, so we must be doing something right.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think we will stay up. Our momentum was non-existent when the season was put on hold.
The hiatus has given us the chance to reset, as well as halting any momentum the other clubs had.

Most teams are going to be affected by players who are not motivated by the restart.
I would guess that this season, more than any other will see teams fighting relegation, will fare much better than expected, against teams trying to get to the best position possible.

As long as Potter can get the squad motivated for the fight, I think we will do much better in our remaining games than we would otherwise have done.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We're about mid-table on goals conceded, same as Spurs and Burnley and we've only conceded one more than Chelsea. Problem is the other end of the pitch.

Yeah that's fair, and I could be wrong (as I don't have the data to hand) but I feel like we were probably higher than that and have shipped more recently? Happy to be corrected on that, though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah that's fair, and I could be wrong (as I don't have the data to hand) but I feel like we were probably higher than that and have shipped more recently? Happy to be corrected on that, though.

Depends how you look at it I guess - we've scored more than Sheff Utd...............but their total is exceptionally low for their position really. Without analysing, I think we're not doing what they are - winning games by the odd goal - we're losing them instead..............(or at least not winning - we've got the second highest number of draws in the league).

The 'Restart' games will be a bit of a lottery IMO, so different from normal. Impossible to predict what will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here