Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] First round of golf for 8 months tomorrow

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Following the usual winter break, I am now escaping from lockdown in perfect weather at Rookwood golf course. I can't wait, and neither can the wife (to get rid of me).
A bit of normality returns. Anyone else got out on the course yet.?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had a round of footgolf at Brighton Footgolf on the old Benfield par 3 on Saturday with my son. Disinfectant on the football and a grabber for drinks from the fridge and off you go. Was absolute bliss and, like the OP, I think Mrs GB agreed :lolol:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Yep - played 9 holes on Saturday at Goodwood.

Was great for three holes then went pear shaped. Keeping my rhythm after 3 months out was challenging!

Lovely weather though.

Rhythm.?.....what's that.? Not expecting anything other than a disaster but it will be great o be out.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yep, played Singing Hills a couple of times already. I'm pleased to say the course is in good nick. The 2 ball system seems to be working well. Everyone seemed in a very good mood! It's just a shame you can't have a beer afterwards on the terrace. I hope you have a good round, enjoy yourself

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Local course is still members only, and as a fair weather golfer I haven't joined the last 2-3 years so not played yet. Judging by our email group there is a colossal scramble for tee times every day - currently 10 min gaps, 2 balls only and limited to 9 holes pr day (I think this is EGA guidance so probably the same at most clubs). I do have an on-course lesson outstanding (since about October when it started raining) so will be taking that up in the next couple of weeks though.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Played four times at Royal Eastbourne, lovely to be back playing golf and having something else to do. Members only, ten minute tee slots, two ball only. Our tees have been booked pretty much all day. We had two tee starts until Sunday but can play 18 now. Course is rock hard with firm greens which is a bit different to when we last played.

Biggest problem is that the public have got used to walking all over the course instead of sticking to the footpaths but I’m sure they will soon learn that golf is going in again, if they can’t read the signs.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Following the usual winter break, I am now escaping from lockdown in perfect weather at Rookwood golf course. I can't wait, and neither can the wife (to get rid of me).
A bit of normality returns. Anyone else got out on the course yet.?

West Hove is playable all year round so no need for a winter break (unless you don't fancy it!).

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've played Pyecombe three times so far with another booked for Thursday evening and hopefully again at the weekend. Course is in pretty good nick all things considered and I have played to or below handicap in 2 out of 3. That's a bonus though, it's just great to be out enjoying the sunshine and views! Getting round in 3 hours or under is also very welcome, with everyone playing in 2 balls at roughly the same pace. Just a shame about the massive blisters and aching back! Enjoy your round :D

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Biggest problem is that the public have got used to walking all over the course instead of sticking to the footpaths but I’m sure they will soon learn that golf is going in again, if they can’t read the signs.

To be fair, if I was playing walkers would be safer on the fairway than on the footpaths.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Playing my local course in Kirkby (Liverpool) tomorrow. First round in nearly 4 months. I'm telling myself not to worry about the scores and just enjoy being back out again.

Whether I can do this or not I'll let you know. Just got my clubs out of the cupboard under the stairs. Nice to feel them in my hands again. ⛳

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I've played Pyecombe three times so far with another booked for Thursday evening and hopefully again at the weekend. Course is in pretty good nick all things considered and I have played to or below handicap in 2 out of 3. That's a bonus though, it's just great to be out enjoying the sunshine and views! Getting round in 3 hours or under is also very welcome, with everyone playing in 2 balls at roughly the same pace. Just a shame about the massive blisters and aching back! Enjoy your round :D

You`ve played three rounds in less than a week. Grrr No wonder Tee times disappear as soon as they come up !!

I played this afternoon. only 15. Superb but hard work after three months off.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Not a big fan of golf, but i was thinking the other day it's the ideal sport as we emerge from lockdown with social distancing easy to maintain.

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
You`ve played three rounds in less than a week. Grrr No wonder Tee times disappear as soon as they come up !!

I played this afternoon. only 15. Superb but hard work after three months off.

Oops, sorry about that! All off peak in the afternoon or in the evening after work though, they are not getting snapped up quite so quickly there...

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Managed to get out on Sunday and will be doing the same this Friday or weekend. 10 mins tee times which they are looking to reduce to 8 mins as with 2 balls things are running quite smoothly. Essential workers get preferential slots and the rest of us are limited to a self policed maximum of 3 rounds a week so everyone has a chance to get on.

Course is in superb condition and the organisation has been very well thought out with arrival no earlier than 20 mins before you tee off and you cant get on the putting green until the previous 2 ball have left for the tee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here