Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deeney refuses to return to training

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is because of money, PB admitted it a fortnight ago on 5live.

When it comes to the actual matches pre-vaccine, whether they be 2019/20 or 2020/21, I wonder if Deeney, Muzza and Rose will refuse to be selected for match day squads? If some clubs suffer a few of those decisions, whilst others do not, it will put the former at a clear disadvantage on the day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No issue with what he says - but he shouldnt get paid

More importantly. What if a club refuses?

Also better than Rose’s comments of being lab rats - erm that’s the key workers Danny.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I think he's quite right to do so. If he (and his agent) try to insist on being paid in full for the time he doesn't turn up, then I would quickly lose sympathy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His choice but the club should now furlough him on £2500 a month :wink:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, I think he's quite right to do so. If he (and his agent) try to insist on being paid in full for the time he doesn't turn up, then I would quickly lose sympathy.

There is no prospect of him losing wages for this. He'll insist on being paid that whole amount. If he doesn't get it, it will end up on court and he'll win. Watford won't want to end his contract because of his value.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I completely agree with his stance. I want football back as much, if not more, than everyone else. But I think he has to do what is right for his family and specifically his son. He doesn't want to take the risk, that's his choice. He'll have a problem when the matches resume because he's going to want to play but if he chooses not to there shouldn't be any ramifications. I think players should be within their rights to refuse to return and then it's up to the club to determine if there should be a financial penalty.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
At a briefing the other day, it was said that they believed the virus was in one in every 400 of the population. Those tests suggests the model might be a little on the generous side.

Recent news headlines suggest that Premier League players might not be a good representation of the wider population in terms of attitudes to social distancing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Recent news headlines suggest that Premier League players might not be a good representation of the wider population in terms of attitudes to social distancing

Nonsense. They just have a profile that means if they are caught transgressing, then it makes the news.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

It is because of their job they are highlighted, there are numerous examples of people across the UK who do not participate in social distancing look in regional news websites.

Oh and that thick young lady who live round the back from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here