Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Easy Jet Hacked

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Breaking News

EasyJet admits nine million customers hacked

EasyJet has admitted that a "highly sophisticated cyber-attack" has affected nine million customers.

It said email addresses and travel details had been stolen and that 2,208 customers had also had their credit card details "accessed".

The firm has informed the UK's Information Commissioner's Office and is continuing to investigate the breach.

More to follow

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They're ****ed. BA got a £184M fine for some login details being stolen.

They've had 9M + 2200 credit card details (the most severe) stolen. Given they were already in a precarious solution, the board looks a mess with Stelios having to get back involved with allegations of bribery can't see how they get out of this

getz

Jan 15, 2010
That explains when I signed into my EasyJet account yesterday, I was asked to change my email password immediately.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
That explains when I signed into my EasyJet account yesterday, I was asked to change my email password immediately.[/

just received this email from easyjet.....

Important security information

Notice of cyber security incident – be alert to phishing emails
Dear Customer,

I wanted to write to you personally in regards to a recent cyber security incident at easyJet.

As you may have heard, we announced on 19th May 2020 that we were the target of an attack from a highly sophisticated source. As soon as we became aware of the attack, we took immediate steps to manage and respond to the incident, closing off the unauthorised access. We engaged leading forensic experts to investigate the issue and we also notified the National Cyber Security Centre and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

Our investigation found that your name, email address, and travel details were accessed for the easyJet flights or easyJet holidays you booked between 17th October 2019 and 4th March 2020. Your passport and credit card details were not accessed, however information including where you were travelling from and to, your departure date, booking reference number, the booking date and the value of the booking were accessed.

So that’s all fine then, apart from some scumbags knowing when we will be away and when we return.
Guess i’d best make sure the burglar alarm is fully working!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We have received the same email this morning, and have decided that we will not be sitting in the confined space, air circulated environment anyway this year, so if the scumbags come calling we will be ready for them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Received the same mail as well, shame they cannot deal with my claim in the agreed time period and you cannot ring them as always busy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here