Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football shirt collections

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
kits.jpeg

Since I’m here, it doesn’t compare to some others but here is my collection so far - Atletico Madrid and Lyon shirts on the way.

And yes, this is the way lockdown is sending me a bit odd.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
View attachment 123917

Anyone help me? (Probably [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], ha)

I have a White Albion shirt from late Withdean era, with ITS as the sponsor, and a blue swirl with a gold edge - in a similar(ish) style to the swirl on the old red-black away kit.

Does anyone know what this shirt is, and whether it's an away, third or training shirt?

I'll guess it's a training shirt, we didn't wear that style as a playing shirt. Is the sponsor ironed on, or printed in the fabric?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll guess it's a training shirt, we didn't wear that style as a playing shirt. Is the sponsor ironed on, or printed in the fabric?

Ironed on, hence why it's becoming a bit tatty/crumpled.

I think you're right about it being a training shirt, it looks similar to a third kit that we wore about twice that you mention on your site, but it's not that. I think it's the way the make, badge and sponsor are laid out almost tricks me into thinking it was a match shirt.

I'm guessing there isn't another database better than yours in terms of pictures of all clubs historic shirts?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ironed on, hence why it's becoming a bit tatty/crumpled.

I think you're right about it being a training shirt, it looks similar to a third kit that we wore about twice that you mention on your site, but it's not that. I think it's the way the make, badge and sponsor are laid out almost tricks me into thinking it was a match shirt.

I'm guessing there isn't another database better than yours in terms of pictures of all clubs historic shirts?

Definitely a training shirt - very similar looking design to this one I’ve just dug out the bottom of a drawer...

c628c4b2f9c04350b0c7e0c43a64bd94.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I’m also a big fan of obscure kits, and these days tend to increase my collection with shirts from far and wide as I have all the Brighton shirts now. ConIFA shirts are prized, as are lower league shirts from the USA. Generally anything that catches my eye. I’m slowly building a collection of Sussex team shirts too. I try to pick up a shirt or two when I’m away on holidays, and when travelling around the UK I look for non league grounds to visit and see what I can find.
Collection stands around 500 shirts, not as many as some but for me each shirt has a bit of a story. This is my footie shirt room at the moment
166bdc4e21ef4dcab62d3daa4e66e930.jpg

That’s v impressive. Do you worry about size or not?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 123981

Not on the same levels as some but I’ve sorted myself a little football room this year with a short rail with some of my favourite shirts,

that Roma shirt is , IMO, the stand-out version of the Nike Futura range, will have to add one to my collection at some point.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Great spot, thank you - and thank you [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] - appreciated.

Now make sure you tell no one else on NSC...

Oh.

I think there are going to be some big prices on that lot, thankfully I have them all so no need to raid the piggy bank.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
That’s v impressive. Do you worry about size or not?

Not really, I prefer to avoid kids shirts as they look a bit out of proportion, but if that’s all I can find, then sobeit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
that Roma shirt is , IMO, the stand-out version of the Nike Futura range, will have to add one to my collection at some point.

Yeah it’s lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here