Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Top of the pops May 19 1983

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, going off topic, this has reminded me that we had a page 3 model on our coach but I’m buggered if I can remember her name

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I was 4 months old so can't claim to remember too much of the day, but did listen/watch at the time and obviously seen the match back since. Wonder if anybody has a link to a copy for the 4 hour program before though as probably be quite interesting :albion2:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This edition of top of the pops was two days before the cup final. Look out for a special appearance. For those of you that can't be bothered to watch it all it's around 15minute 30 seconds mark.
https://youtu.be/ANnlxBgRVcM

g9pd7Ypk_400x400.jpeg

Gary Davies in an Albion shirt ;)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I once met 'ooh Gary Davies' at the Shepherds Bush Empire, when he was involved musically with Corrine Bailey Rae, who was playing her first gig there.
Mrs AR and moi got there early and had the chance to chat to him, which he come across as an alright bloke:)

All very nice but can I assume you have no idea who the picture is really of?:ffsparr:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
This edition of top of the pops was two days before the cup final. Look out for a special appearance. For those of you that can't be bothered to watch it all it's around 15minute 30 seconds mark.
https://youtu.be/ANnlxBgRVcM

Thanks for the time help - glad I didn't sit thru that crap. Can't help but think there was an amount of contractual obligation there. They didn't want to be there - they weren't wanted there. Radio 1 was so sh1t wasn't it (except John Peel)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My god there was some shite in the charts,even Terry Hall had sold out by then...
No wonder I wanted to be nothing like the townies and join the wreckin crew....

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Why did the sound disappear for the Joboxers? :shrug:

Loved all those songs. I was 12 at the time and the excitement of my soon to be teenage life was starting to unfold. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here