Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Celtic Champions & Hearts relegated

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There’s still a move I thought to fully restructure their leagues or has that been Kai boshed?

The report says they are still looking at that.

Probably the only way to avoid legal action I'd say. Similar issue to England but as you say the money is far smaller so probably easier to sort.

Lot's of interesting decisions being taken though which will be used to argue in other cases.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done SPFL. Closing the season on average points per game is the next best thing to voiding the competition, though don't hold with relegation through it. Can't see Hearts' appeal getting far, frankly; it might bankrupt them though...............................

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Lawyers will be rubbing their hands

Court action surely?

Interesting given Scottish Law will apply and the devolved Government haven't yet followed Johnson in relaxing measures, and its still a clear stay at home. Therefore assume the Scottish Government have yet to sanction the return of football even if behind closed doors.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Tbh they could cancel it every season and nobody would notice or care.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Might as well just do that at the start of every Scottish season really, saves everyone unnecessary effort and the poor people that actually pay to watch it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As they will in England, if Liverpool aren't awarded the EPL title, and Leeds and West Brom aren't promoted.

Would be interesting what case Liverpool would have?

I would have thought that the main angle in court would be loss of income. I would imagine it would be quite hard for Liverpool to prove a significant loss of income through them not winning the league.

But I am not a sports lawyer, so who knows.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can you imagine anything worse than being a Celtic fan, celebrating every goal and win and league title and cup pick-up like it actually meant anything?

it means something and that is why they are a very well supported club. Amazed at the animosity on here.

We have the same problem in PL except we have 2 clubs ( maybe 3 with chelsea) but we just accept it and play for the highest place we can get to.

If and when the SKY money moves we will have the same problem in England and the quality of football will plummet,

Funnily enough Brighton might do better if the playing field was levelled a bit more.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tbh they could cancel it every season and nobody would notice or care.

I remember in the days of watching the results come in on the vidi-printer and the FTs for the Scottish games always came in 4-5 minutes before the English ones. I used to assume that that was coz the ref was getting a bit cold so couldn't be arsed to add anything on for stoppages as he knew that no-one would give a shit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
it means something and that is why they are a very well supported club. Amazed at the animosity on here.

We have the same problem in PL except we have 2 clubs ( maybe 3 with chelsea) but we just accept it and play for the highest place we can get to.

If and when the SKY money moves we will have the same problem in England and the quality of football will plummet,

Funnily enough Brighton might do better if the playing field was levelled a bit more.

It's not really the same problem as the same 2 clubs winning it for the last 35 seasons, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here