Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ramon 'Monchu' Rodriquez Barcelona B

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
According to Mundo Deportivo, Brighton Hove Albion and Bournemouth are both keen on signing Barcelona youngster Ramon Rodriguez, known as ‘Monchu’, this summer.
The 20-year-old midfielder is highly rated at the Nou Camp.
Monchu has featured more times for Barcelona B than any other player this season. Moreover, he tops the club’s scoring charts despite being a midfielder.

[https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200516/481186177602/brighton-y-bournemouth-interesados-en-monchu.html

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
According to Mundo Deportivo, Brighton Hove Albion and Bournemouth are both keen on signing Barcelona youngster Ramon Rodriguez, known as ‘Monchu’, this summer.
Monchu has featured more times for Barcelona B than any other player this season. Moreover, he tops the club’s scoring charts despite being a midfielder.

[https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20200516/481186177602/brighton-y-bournemouth-interesados-en-monchu.html

I like the bit about being top scorer despite being a midfielder. Also, your football thread deserves to go to the top of the board above the politics.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Given that our current midfielders are more likely to hit the jumbotron screens than the goals, I wouldn't say no

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’ll go to Bournemouth given that they’ll pay him much more than us :wink:

Assuming we both stay up of course

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bournemouth could be out of the running on Sunday.

I wonder if we are still interested.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bournemouth could be out of the running on Sunday.

I wonder if we are still interested.

Unlikely. Barca need to save money and will likely tell a few players to **** off, replacing them with kiddos (+ probably some über expensive Messi playmate). This Monchu fella was called up to the first team some weeks after this was published but apparently got some injury preventing him from making his debut in the first team. Dont think he will be going anywhere.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I like the bit about being top scorer despite being a midfielder. Also, your football thread deserves to go to the top of the board above the politics.

Hang on, wasn’t Trossard the top scorer, not just for Genk, but the Belgian premier league last season. I’m sure Ali J was top scorer (or close to it) at his previous club, same with Locadia in Holland, Maupay too (albeit in the championship and as a striker). Connolly in the PL2 last season?
I’m sure they all couldn’t have been top scorers, but I’m sure you see my point.
Please correct my ignorance if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I hope he's good enough for us and won't bite off more than he can Monchu.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Reports say Sassuolo have opened negotiations, so it's now or never if we are interested.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here