Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lovely right wing monologue

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Christ almighty who reads this shyte?
Absolute garbage. I got as far as the section that claimed many state schools are failing to do anything effective at all. As a teacher I can comprehensively say that every state school in the city and those of teachers I know elsewhere around the country is doing a huge amount for its children during this time, including and especially for the most vulnerable.

Disgusting excuse of a newspaper.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What utter tosh.

If the Mail is really behind the children's education, given that they state that time lost in schooling can seldom be recovered, why are they not demanding that the summer school holidays are cancelled so that the time at home during the lockdown can be made up.

At least it illustrates why the Tories are able to lie, lie and lie and face no challenge from the likes of the Mail.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Yes, they should definitely cancel the school holidays this year.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What utter tosh.

If the Mail is really behind the children's education, given that they state that time lost in schooling can seldom be recovered, why are they not demanding that the summer school holidays are cancelled so that the time at home during the lockdown can be made up.

At least it illustrates why the Tories are able to lie, lie and lie and face no challenge from the likes of the Mail.

Absolutely -the teaching unions will be totally supportive of that, won't they . .

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Absolute garbage. I got as far as the section that claimed many state schools are failing to do anything effective at all. As a teacher I can comprehensively say that every state school in the city and those of teachers I know elsewhere around the country is doing a huge amount for its children during this time, including and especially for the most vulnerable.

Lol. Most people having 8 weeks off find it a novelty. Teachers, it's like, "its not fair, we were on holiday for a couple of them anyway, and even if we were not, we get 12 weeks anyway. make it fair, other people are now getting triple holidays, i demand we get an extra 24 weeks"

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lol. Most people having 8 weeks off find it a novelty. Teachers, it's like, "its not fair, we were on holiday for a couple of them anyway, and even if we were not, we get 12 weeks anyway. make it fair, other people are now getting triple holidays, i demand we get an extra 24 weeks"

Yeah, thats exactly what teachers are like.

T0sser.

What do you do for a living so I can make a sweeping false generalisation about your profession and those who work in it?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I stopped reading the free version of the Mail before lockdown because of the sensationalist garbage they were punting. It’s a shame because they do have some credible journalists.

That said, my mum was a teacher and I do question the motives of the teaching unions sometimes......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah, thats exactly what teachers are like.

T0sser.

What do you do for a living so I can make a sweeping false generalisation about your profession and those who work in it?

Respect.

As a fellow teacher I nearly responded to a couple of the unbelievably stupid and ignorant posts on this thread. But I decided not to bother. Not good for the stress levels, that are already through the roof with the workload we have been subjected to since lockdown. They won't believe us, we are scum to them. So why bother?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Respect.

As a fellow teacher I nearly responded to a couple of the unbelievably stupid and ignorant posts on this thread. But I decided not to bother. Not good for the stress levels, that are already through the roof with the workload we have been subjected to since lockdown. They won't believe us, we are scum to them. So why bother?

You're right. Vented but not worth continuing to. Does amaze me those who believe what utter shameless, good for nothing journalists such as in that link write about those who work in the public sector, you know, caring for people, educating youngsters, etc.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, they should definitely cancel the school holidays this year.
Yeah cos all the kids and teachers are having a whale of a time on holiday. And while we are at it, let's cancel all holidays of the UK workforce as well, after all, the economy.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Does it even qualify as a newspaper still? It's more of an ERG pamphlet isn't it? Repulsive rag

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, usual NSC outrage at anything that's written in the daily Mail. Only to ne expected. In this case, entirely justified.

Just one sentence (no more needed) renders the whole article complete bo11ocks -
"People wanted free enterprise, personal liberty, low taxation, Brexit and good government in general."

The winning slogan was 'Get Brexit done' - like it or loath it, it was the absolute run away winner; it united all those who voted to leave with those who voted remain and were sick to the back of parliament and the rest of the Westminster bubble to try every bit of chicanery to try and ignore, sabotage, subvert, reverse, undermine, hinder, deflect, undermine or somehow push under the carpet, the referendum result.
As election slogans go, 'Get Brexit Done' was one of the all-time great election slogans - love it or loath it, as I said.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

[MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] Could you please offer a response to this ?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
[MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] Could you please offer a response to this ?

Yes course I can. I didn't say whether I agreed or disagreed with the article I just posted it. I'm sure the teachers on here have valid points so who am I to argue, if they started talking about my occupation (traffic enforcement officer) I'd probably say 'you don't know what you are talking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here