Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bundesliga

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Watching Uwe captain Paderborn v Augsburg. The time somebody dubbed him the "honey monster" is still one of my overall favourite posts ever on NSC.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Social distancing goes out of the window when you score an injury time winner after being 2-0 down at half-time just like Stuttgart did tonight!

Jimmy Grimble

What happened in the Bundesliga in the last 6/7 years to allow Munich to become so dominant?

Up until around 2012 it was a far more open league with regular different winners - 6 different champions in 8 years to be precise.

Is it as simple as they’ve thrown more money at it?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What happened in the Bundesliga in the last 6/7 years to allow Munich to become so dominant?

Up until around 2012 it was a far more open league with regular different winners - 6 different champions in 8 years to be precise.

I'm not sure what the actual answer is, but to me it all seemed to start when Pep took over. They began buying all the best players in Europe like Douglas Costa, Alonso, Benatia, Vidal. It seemed like before Pep there was a very Germanic/North-west European feel to the team, whereas afterwards it became much more hispanic (and with it they became almost unbeatable). Felt like they went from being the best out of all the German teams on merit to being the best team in Germany by virtue of the names in their squad, like PSG in France.

Not sure how true that is, just how I perceived it at the time.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
David Wagner can't buy a win @ FC Schalke 04, they have been woeful, beware of Home advantage hasn't panned out too well in the Bundesliga. :ffsparr:

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Depends how you look at the stats ... you’ve taken an 8 year period where they weren’t as strong ... before and after that they won most titles.

They’ve always been dominant ... they’ve won 14 of the last 20 titles so even if you take away the fact they have won 7 on the bounce before this season they won over half in the previous 13 years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had a couple of bets yesterday with my usual success rate of bugger all. But also said to Mrs P, go on, pick the winners of 4 German games on this afternoon, so she did :eek:

When she picked Eintracht Frankfurt and Werder Bremen away wins, I nearly didn't even bother putting it on :lolol:

jannbet.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had a couple of bets yesterday with my usual success rate of bugger all. But also said to Mrs P, go on, pick the winners of 4 German games on this afternoon, so she did :eek:

When she picked Eintracht Frankfurt and Werder Bremen away wins, I nearly didn't even bother putting it on :lolol:

View attachment 124342

Well done, lovely to see.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Mgladbach v Union Berlin 2:30 kick off

Mgladbach have never beaten Berlin in the league. Currently trading @1.49 :shrug:

Jimmy Grimble

Depends how you look at the stats ... you’ve taken an 8 year period where they weren’t as strong ... before and after that they won most titles.

They’ve always been dominant ... they’ve won 14 of the last 20 titles so even if you take away the fact they have won 7 on the bounce before this season they won over half in the previous 13 years.

Still far more open than the last 7 years though isn’t it? Just found it interesting that a variety of teams were able to challenge and win the title, then for 7 years and counting no one can get near them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My support is drifting to Werder Breman who are having a real go at getting out of the massive hole they got themselves in

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Cologne v Leipzig was a rather good game of football! Is it just me or does German football seem more end to end than the PL?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here