Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bundesliga

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Wait, I’m confused, is the 3.Liga back? I was also following as I visited Fortuna Koln & Duisburg this season but I was under the impression they hadn’t made a decision yet? I couldn’t see any scores yesterday.

oh,you may well be right on that one,find out next week I guess

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is a pattern emerging of home advantage being largely nullified, especially where a lesser team plays at home to a simply better team?

No fiery 12th man to try and put the opposition off.

If so, I’d expect ManC, ManU etc to calmly play all opposition off the park in the final 9 or 10 games.

The same for next season too., where the PL table might look like a meritocracy of who has the best players?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
For anyone who wasn’t aware Dortmund v Bayern is on BT Sport now. Early kick off. Like watching the greatest training game you’ve seen with no fans - no goals but a watchable, lively start with BVB on top!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Is a pattern emerging of home advantage being largely nullified, especially where a lesser team plays at home to a simply better team?

If so, I’d expect ManC, ManU etc to calmly play all opposition off the park in the final 9 or 10 games.

The same for next season too., where the PL table might look like a meritocracy of who has the best players?

Having 5 subs is more significant in helping teams like ManC and ManU because they have much better strength in depth.

Watching Dortmund v Bayern and they are playing crowd noise along with whistles for when Bayern have the ball.:laugh:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Having 5 subs is more significant in helping teams like ManC and ManU because they have much better strength in depth.

Watching Dortmund v Bayern and they are playing crowd noise along with whistles for when Bayern have the ball.:laugh:

You watching a stream? Not the case on BT.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magnificent Bayern goal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How did I miss that Herr Flick had taken over at Bayern? Looking good for 94

7a4e58088632b3ba1404888f50d38f0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Exactly the same thoughts as I had after watching the weekend's games. No way that Schalke lose 3-0 at home and Mainz 5-0 in front of fans.

I'd forgotten how angry the inconsistency with VAR makes me. Clear as day handball as Bayern defender (intentionally/unintentionally) throws his elbow in the way of Haaland's goal-bound shot. Not even looked at. Football is back, folks.

Also there's a Davy Propper lookalike playing for Freiburg right now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Leverkusen on BT2, snacks in the oven, cold beer retrieved from fridge. Could be worse

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Really really bad night for our mates over in Leverkusen...how is this the same side that have won 5/5 and beat Monchengladbach so well??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly the same thoughts as I had after watching the weekend's games. No way that Schalke lose 3-0 at home and Mainz 5-0 in front of fans.

I'd forgotten how angry the inconsistency with VAR makes me. Clear as day handball as Bayern defender (intentionally/unintentionally) throws his elbow in the way of Haaland's goal-bound shot. Not even looked at. Football is back, folks.

Also there's a Davy Propper lookalike playing for Freiburg right now.

‘Lesser’ teams at home, where the home fans allegedly “get in away teams faces“ eg Burnley, contrived CP with that drum, Wolves ... I think may well suffer most from behind closed door football. Potentially making each match simply a contest of coaching and player attributes.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Really really bad night for our mates over in Leverkusen...how is this the same side that have won 5/5 and beat Monchengladbach so well??

Just back all away wins with the draw as a saver in patents.

There have been only two home wins since the Bundesliga resumed and those were victories for Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. Playing on your own ground with no fans isn't an advantage now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

There have been only two home wins since the Bundesliga resumed and those were victories for Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. Playing on your own ground with no fans isn't an advantage now.

Yeah. Home is not an advantage. Diaby double teamed (and Mbabu is quick anyway) and Wolfsburg very decent on the break and from set pieces.

Lev looked decent going forward against a Bremen side with no defence but tonight was a bit of a schooling.

Definitely our (me and the boy) team though. Nothing like a big home defeat to get Brighton behind you :lolol:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Not being pedantic but there have been 3 home wins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here