Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Neville v Carlos Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Interesting little exchange here, would've been interested to hear more about third party ownership, or as someone else put it in the comments.

"Such a shame we didn’t get to dive deeper into third party ownership at his request. He could’ve explained precisely why the four profit-motivated companies (all of whom Joorabchian was involved with) holding Tevez and Mascherano’s rights would agree to just rip up those contracts for no gain. Why they would go to a country where it was banned when plenty of others allow it. All that investment from a young age down the pan, purely so their players could follow their dreams."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTXI1vbTMhI

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm not sure why this hasn't received a response, I think it was good of Joorabchian to go on the show but I think without being prepared to discuss the full truth then it's just an attempted PR stunt, which I feel backfired. Neville held his ground well and it was a good exchange, albeit limited.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Kia Joorabchian is a really nice honest and very polite man.

He gets attacked often by all these Footballers an Pundits who know absolutely nothing about Third Party Ownership. I am not all that well versed in it myself but it is something which is very common overseas. Lots of foreign players use it and it is just a form of Representation of Footballers who often come from uneducated backgrounds and can't really represent themselves in the complex financial football world.

Where players in this country engage Agents and Lawyers and that seems to be acceptable. Overseas players tend to use 3rd Party Ownership Agreements.

This just means that a lot Foreign Players engage that 3rd Party and the 3rd Party then have the authority to use their own Agents and Lawyers to represent a Particular client.

Kia comes from a lovely family. His late father Mohamed Joorabchian was one of the nicest people you coul ever meet. At one point in the 90s I think he was listed as one of the top 8 richest people in the UK.

Kia would have inherited that wealth by now so there would have been no Financial need for him to scam anyone.

Kia has made millions for his clients by getting then good deals signing for clubs overseas that they might never have got in his own country.

OK so he has made a lot of money himself brokering these deals but I can assure you the Agents operating in this country are more likely to be in it for themselves as opposed to their clients than Kia is.

That's quite simply because starting out in that world he wouldn't have needed the money. His whole family were lovely people although I think his mum has passed away now as well.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Kia Joorabchian is a really nice honest and very polite man.

He gets attacked often by all these Footballers an Pundits who know absolutely nothing about Third Party Ownership. I am not all that well versed in it myself but it is something which is very common overseas. Lots of foreign players use it and it is just a form of Representation of Footballers who often come from uneducated backgrounds and can't really represent themselves in the complex financial football world.

Where players in this country engage Agents and Lawyers and that seems to be acceptable. Overseas players tend to use 3rd Party Ownership Agreements.

This just means that a lot Foreign Players engage that 3rd Party and the 3rd Party then have the authority to use their own Agents and Lawyers to represent a Particular client.

Kia comes from a lovely family. His late father Mohamed Joorabchian was one of the nicest people you coul ever meet. At one point in the 90s I think he was listed as one of the top 8 richest people in the UK.

Kia would have inherited that wealth by now so there would have been no Financial need for him to scam anyone.

Kia has made millions for his clients by getting then good deals signing for clubs overseas that they might never have got in his own country.

OK so he has made a lot of money himself brokering these deals but I can assure you the Agents operating in this country are more likely to be in it for themselves as opposed to their clients than Kia is.

That's quite simply because starting out in that world he wouldn't have needed the money. His whole family were lovely people although I think his mum has passed away now as well.

So he got involved in 3rd party player ownership for the good of his soul?

Tevez has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus and the West Ham issue was indefensible.

To be so defensive of him I can only think he’s a friend of yours....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So he got involved in 3rd party player ownership for the good of his soul?

Tevez has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus and the West Ham issue was indefensible.

To be so defensive of him I can only think he’s a friend of yours....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What would you have liked him to do with his life ? - Sit back and wait to spend Daddy's money ?

He would have wanted to go out and do a job of work and if he was interested in Football but maybe wasn't good enough to play the game Professionally, then why not go into a field of work that you know you could forge a successful career.

There are players who have had more clubs than Carlos Tevez and loads of players push through Transfers away from Clubs via their Agents. Not just 3rd Party Managed Players.

I know one Particular player who couldn't get a move away from a Club because the Club was blocking it because there was such a big percentage sell on Clause to a previous Club.

His UK Agent duly advised him to go to the Newspapers and slag his current Club off in the News of the World which was around then. Once he did that he got a move away because the fans turned against him and the Club then couldn't justify keeping him when the fans didn't want him at the Club any more.

So, I can assure you. There are a lot more Agents in the UK who adopt a lot more underhanded practices than Kia Joorabchian uses and I don't see people like Gary Neville coming out and slating them.

I don't know who Gary's Agent is but I bet you if one of his clients was looking to get a move away from a Club. I bet you he wouldn't think twice about using every measure open to him. I am not a massive fan of any Agent really; however, their loyalties lie with their clients and not the Clubs. Football Clubs regularly discard players and we all seem to accept that as standard Acceptable Practice.

And to answer your question. Yes I know Kia Joorabchian but he is not a friend of mine, I haven't seen or spoken to him for about 15 years. So I have no personal loyalties to him. I knew his father better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here