Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Eurovison watch along

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, enjoying this.

I love Eurovision, and I'm glad they're at least marking it although obviously it couldn't go ahead in the normal form.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] has already done a quiz on this :wink:

I fell out of LOVE with EUROVISION after Franco framed us in 1968.
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] will know about that. (And it's pointless doing a quiz as he would win it anyway).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Talkin about Euro guff, here's a face one would need to slap :lol:

I've always prided myself on passive responses to life, but that song makes me feel violent.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ive always found Eurovision a wasted opportunity. Would have been fantastic with a great music competition every year, but Eurovision music is... even most of those who watch it wouldnt listen to it normally under any circumstances. Sure, some years theres one or very rarely two decent tracks, but mostly its all crap.

Id like to add that this is not an opinion but the absolute truth.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ive always found Eurovision a wasted opportunity. Would have been fantastic with a great music competition every year, but Eurovision music is... even most of those who watch it wouldnt listen to it normally under any circumstances. Sure, some years theres one or very rarely two decent tracks, but mostly its all crap.

You do know the winner takes it all :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Where would we be without you?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

That's the point to us Brits. It is crap these days. Most folk watch it for its enjoyable camp madness and to have the annual chortle when Greece and Cyprus swap twelve points.

If you have seen Graham Norton commentating, and Terry Wogan previously, you get the humour.

The UK enters every year knowing they all hate us. We could enter the best lullaby ever created and not reach the top half. But no-one cares anymore. It's just a laugh. And great fun.

Except for Alexander Rybak. I really liked him. Oh, and Conchita Wurst. That really ****ed off the homophobes. Oh and Dana International. And Charlotte Perrelli.

Actually, I probably like it more than I think.

Last edited:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

do all swedes know Abba won it in Brighton?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do rather like the 1988 winning song - I wonder what became of the singer though, I thought she could have had a decent career.

https://youtu.be/8pEYw8PcBas

My fist real memory was 1978. Although Cocoa didn't perform well on the night, I loved the song.

You'd think a song written by Stephanie de Sykes would have done better. But Cheryl did get there in the end. Even if she needed her skirt ripped off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here