Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who wants to be a Millionaire

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else watch it? I know Clarkson is marmite but I like him and so much better than fecking Chris Tarrant imo.

Love how blunt he is with the contestants who screw up

Awaits the rants From the Clarkson haters :smile:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've only watched him a couple of times on Millionaire. For some reason time seems to be standing almost still in our house and what is "actually on" the telly in irrelevant. It's box sets and binge watching from her, youtube / Apple + for me and, from today, German football behind closed doors.

However, he struck me as much better than Tarrant on the ones I did see. Clarkson is a clever and witty writer when he puts his mind to it and it makes it onto the screen when he's not driving the latest BMW Penis Extender at Mach 3. Ditto with his print stuff. When he tries he's irresistible, but he's another one who pays the bills with lazy click bait.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Ive really enjoyed watching the show again - the best quiz show by a long way imo. Unless of course 3-2-1 returned.........

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Anyone else watch it? I know Clarkson is marmite but I like him and so much better than fecking Chris Tarrant imo.

Love how blunt he is with the contestants who screw up

Awaits the rants From the Clarkson haters :smile:

I totally agree. It had become bland and boring with Tarrant. It has been given a new lease of life and has the bonus of being more funny than the majority of new 'hilarious' sitcoms.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s much better with Clarkson, had got very tired under Tarrant. We all know he’s a bit of an arrogant bellend but he plays up to that and is quite funny. Contestants need to understand where he’s likely to be able to help.....like the 500k guy (you’ve travelled a lot, you’ll know this......).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I seem to be very much going against popular opinion on here, but l much prefer the original Chris Tarrant version, then again it's all about the host really, and l have absolutely no time for the loathsome Clarkson in any of his guises.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to be very much going against popular opinion on here, but l much prefer the original Chris Tarrant version, then again it's all about the host really, and l have absolutely no time for the loathsome Clarkson in any of his guises.

At LAST, a Clarkson hater arrives, I was getting a bit concerned :wink:

Tarrant, to me, is a self important prick with no sense of humour. The programme became unwatchable, now it’s one of my favourites :shrug:

Can I hazard a guess that you don’t much like motoring programmes in any guise too?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've only watched him a couple of times on Millionaire. For some reason time seems to be standing almost still in our house and what is "actually on" the telly in irrelevant. It's box sets and binge watching from her, youtube / Apple + for me and, from today, German football behind closed doors.

However, he struck me as much better than Tarrant on the ones I did see. Clarkson is a clever and witty writer when he puts his mind to it and it makes it onto the screen when he's not driving the latest BMW Penis Extender at Mach 3. Ditto with his print stuff. When he tries he's irresistible, but he's another one who pays the bills with lazy click bait.

Indeed. What I'd say about him is I enjoy his TV programmes, but I can't warm to him as a human being considering, as I do, that he's always only a breath away from describing something as 'political correctness gone mad'.

Interesting (oh, alright, dull) Clarkson fact: he wrote the liner notes for Caravan's 1996 album 'All Over You'.

I must confess using the expression 'And on that bombshell' just to annoy Mrs T from time to time. She raises one eyebrow. I just asked her to sum up Clarkson in one word. She replied 'I can't use that word in front of (the nipper)'. There we have it :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At LAST, a Clarkson hater arrives, I was getting a bit concerned :wink:

Tarrant, to me, is a self important prick with no sense of humour. The programme became unwatchable, now it’s one of my favourites :shrug:

Can I hazard a guess that you don’t much like motoring programmes in any guise too?

Nope, it can't be motoring programmes per se that l dislike, I'm quite fond of James May after all. More in question to me is Clarkson's personality, seemingly agressive, pompous, and with an ego the size of a house. Leastwise that's certainly the way he comes across.

Another reaon l am taken by Mt, Tarrant is that we share a love of railways . . . although it must be said not of Reading FC of whom he is a celebrity fan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here