Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The A Word

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can't remember the last time I watched a drama series. The genre isn't really my thing.

However, with time on my hands at the mo, I discovered this series whilst browsing the iplayer. Watched the first programme and got myself hooked. Now started on series two.

I realise I'm very late to this party, but I'd recommend it to anyone who missed it and wants a series to get stuck into :thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I haven't watched it yet but have heard it's good from a couple of friends. I'm a single parent and my youngest son is autistic so it's a relatable subject matter. I've really enjoyed the Good Doctor staring Freddie Highmore as a trainee surgeon with autism. IMO his portrayal is very good, can see a lot of traits that his character has in my son.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's a brilliant, programme, has a very good sound track, and as someone who parents an autistic child, is very true to life, with some added spice for drama purposes.

Yeah, the 'added spice' does sometimes make me wonder if I'm really a closet Eastenders fan after all :lol:

I work with some adults on the spectrum and so the main subject matter is primarily what drew me in to be honest. A good watch so far and taking me on a proper emotional rollercoaster.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A really good series and the actor who plays the boy is amazing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here