Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lock Me Up or Let Me Out? Which side of the debate are you?

Lock Me Up or Let Me Out?

• I’m a Lock-Me-Upper

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • I’m a Let-Me-Outter

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Do you love it?

Quite frankly, no I don't love it. I understand clearly that something needs to be done, but the glib talk of locking people up or locking up over 60s, without even thinking about what that means, just quite frankly gets on my tits...

Just as an aside Chris Hughton is 61, so for the idiot that suggested looking up over 60s, he would be a casualty of the lock up brigade.

As I said, clearly there needs to be more targeted shielding or isolation, but stop using the phrase "lock up", we are human beings, not ****ing animals...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite frankly, no I don't love it. I understand clearly that something needs to be done, but the glib talk of locking people up or locking up over 60s, without even thinking about what that means, just quite frankly gets on my tits...

Just as an aside Chris Hughton is 61, so for the idiot that suggested looking up over 60s, he would be a casualty of the lock up brigade.

As I said, clearly there needs to be more targeted shielding or isolation, but stop using the phrase "lock up", we are human beings, not ****ing animals...

Oh I see. You’re over 60. I didn’t see many of your posts objecting to the phrase “lockdown”. Just the up bit you don’t like?

What difference does it make if it’s Chris Hughton?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Oh I see. You’re over 60. I didn’t see many of your posts objecting to the phrase “lockdown”. Just the up bit you don’t like?

This is nonsense. You speak as if some kind of system could be in place that prevents every over 60 from coming into contact with any under 60. That isnt reality. What about the huge number of 60+ still working or the 60+ like me living with younger relatives. Are you aiming for concentration camps?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is nonsense. You speak as if some kind of system could be in place that prevents every over 60 from coming into contact with any under 60. That isnt reality. What about the huge number of 60+ still working or the 60+ like me living with younger relatives. Are you aiming for concentration camps?

Frontline workers with families have moved out to shield themselves. Why not over 60’s who don’t need 24 hour care?
You either want to save lives or you don’t. You can’t just scream “it’s not fair” because it affects you.

Very telling of that generation. The “Me First” generation. ^^

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Here’s a thought: let those of us who want to go about our business do so and those who don’t continue to self-isolate.

And yes, I am selfish. I selfishly want to go to Brighton and not see the Pump House, the Prince Albert, the Font, The Bell, Dave’s Comics, the bookshops, the record shops, the Duke of York’s, the Odeon, The Theatre Royal, and the kebab shop boarded up and out of business.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Here’s a thought: let those of us who want to go about our business do so and those who don’t continue to self-isolate.

And yes, I am selfish. I selfishly want to go to Brighton and not see the Pump House, the Prince Albert, the Font, The Bell, Dave’s Comics, the bookshops, the record shops, the Duke of York’s, the Odeon, The Theatre Royal, and the kebab shop boarded up and out of business.

:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I thought from previous conversations on posts and reading your replies to others that you were an intelligent, caring man, clearly I was wrong!

As for the lockdown phrase, no I didn't object to that, as a) it was temporary and b) for the good of all.

Lockup, is just simply that, lock people up and more than likely forget about them!

The Chris Hughton analogy was to demonstrate there are perfectly fit and able 60 year olds who could be prevented from working just because they fit a demographic and well you understood!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Professor Majeed said: 'The UK’s policy is at variance with the World Health Organization, which states that those above the age of 60 years are at the highest risk, requiring additional preventative measures.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinica...from-coronavirus-say-experts/20040663.article

But this is NSC. Why let facts and common sense get in the way of people doing whatever they want.

Is that the WHO that said that China had the virus under control and that face masks don't work?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
"Me first"eh. As in the parent who support one grown up daughter to pursue her acting career and enabling the other to extinguish her mortgage and live in a much nicer house. Not to mention now contributions to supporting charities like the Whitehawk foodbank. Or even 8 years childcare whilst daughterworks for NHS.

Now I do all of those things willingly but calling us "me first " is insulting and just plain wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The medical community disagrees with you. Sorry.

Does it...well lets take this one piece of ‘medical’ advice

'National and global spread of Covid-19 is accelerating. To reduce hospitalisations, intensive care admissions and death we recommend that those aged between 60 and 69 are particularly stringent when implementing public health measures such as social distancing and personal hygiene.'

The paper recommends that this group of people may make their own decision to isolate.

Thank fully it allows us to use our own common sense and not ‘lock us up’

Thank fully the infection rate doesnt seem to be accelerating despite us over 60’s being outdoors working six days a week ....hmmm

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought from previous conversations on posts and reading your replies to others that you were an intelligent, caring man, clearly I was wrong!

As for the lockdown phrase, no I didn't object to that, as a) it was temporary and b) for the good of all.

Lockup, is just simply that, lock people up and more than likely forget about them!

The Chris Hughton analogy was to demonstrate there are perfectly fit and able 60 year olds who could be prevented from working just because they fit a demographic and well you understood!

No, you were right. I am intelligent. I am caring. I am also a utilitarian.

Nobody will forget about you. I’m sure you’ll all make enough noise to see to that.

It’s just for a short while so that the young and productive members of society can rescue the economy. It requires a sacrifice on your part. It’s hardly the most dangerous sacrifice people have made, is it.

I know it would be utterly unworkable. People wouldn’t adhere to it. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here