Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lockdown protest planned for Brighton beach

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Actually led by Jayda Fransen, the ex deputy leader of Britain First. (And became Leader when the actual Leader was jailed).

Well who would have thought :rolleyes:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully we lose some of these idiots..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Everything in this country has to be framed tediously as a left v right battle.

Oddly in this case, lockdown has been portrayed as leftwing and protests against it have been labelled as rightwing. This despite the fact that the lockdown is being orchestrated by a conservative government.

And so the left wingers complain that the PM, who they think is a rightwing extremist, hasn’t taken away enough civil liberties for their liking. And by not doing so he’s LITERALLY HITLER.

I think the conspiracy theorists are right. The Large Hadron Collider has shot us into a surreal parallel dimension.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Oddly in this case, lockdown has been portrayed as leftwing and protests against it have been labelled as rightwing. This despite the fact that the lockdown is being orchestrated by a conservative government.

And so the left wingers complain that the PM, who they think is a rightwing extremist, hasn’t taken away enough civil liberties for their liking. And by not doing so he’s LITERALLY HITLER.

I think the conspiracy theorists are right. The Large Hadron Collider has shot us into a surreal parallel dimension.

:lol:
Please go ahead and share those multiple posts where BJ has:
-- been described as a right wing extremist
-- not taken away enough civil liberties
-- been described as 'LITERALLY HITLER'

And we know you think the conspiracy theorists are right.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But, beyond that, there's a few interesting points in your post:
-- yes, notions of left and right are being disrupted.
-- I'm not so sure that many have portrayed lockdown as left-wing, more that is necessary to prevent too many deaths
-- the far/alt right like their protests, whereas conservative elements of the right just about tolerate them but disapprove; the left tend to be fonder of them
-- when Sunak announced the furlough scheme, he declared "this is not the time for ideology". He of course meant neoliberal ideology
-- the state, rather than the market, is the prime actor in this crisis
-- I think most people, myself included, are criticising the PM and his merry band of underlings for incompetence rather than ideology

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Actually led by Jayda Fransen, the ex deputy leader of Britain First. (And became Leader when the actual Leader was jailed).

Well who would have thought :rolleyes:

Yep. A look at the Freedom Movement Ltd on companies house reveals the screechy harpy as sole director. She's been quiet of late - I'm guessing her early release licence conditions from the nick have now expired. As you might expect from a professional grifter, there is the predictable eBegging link on the website. It claims full transparency of donations. Rather odd as the website contains no contact or location information, nor names of any officials of the organisation. If these demos are anything like Britain Firsts previous efforts, they'll be about six in attendance. Fatty Golding is unlikely to be at any as he and Fransen fell out quite sometime ago. Unless they've kissed and made up? Yuck.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Argus reporting that nobody turned up. Brilliant.

And after all the publicity they gave it too! They must be gutted.

Not too hard to see this would be a damp squib. It wouldn’t achieve anything, would be bad publicity for those of us who want the lockdown lifted, and the police would soon intervene if too many people congregated.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
A certain Piers Corbyn was the keynote speaker at the London protest... a hybrid love spawn of a rabid anti semite and a man that cost the lives of British service personnel because of fake photos....
Marvellous.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

New Age Off-gridders and self proclaimed libertarians, who wouldn’t vote Tory in a month of Sunday’s, are also vehemently against lockdown.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/5577058/coronavirus-lockdown-mum-hospital-off-grid-brighton/

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
That’s the trouble with demos in general. They always attract other causes and lose focus.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here