Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Surreal NSC Advertising.... What ludicrous advert stalks you?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fully understand that advertising on various websites is very cleverly tailored and targeted to different people based on the harmonics of previous searches etc etc. .... But, while viewing NSC for the last 10 days or so I seem have subconsciously alerted advertisers that what I really want to buy is.. Industrial Trout Farm Equipment.... Own up ( if legal to do so...) what is stalking you?
4daf3439c80a39cd1e9f29d888cf8c78.jpg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Currently PC bits as I just helped a mate build his new machine.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I keep seeing the clickbait spam adverts for Bear Grylls and Bitcoin.

i like the juxtaposition of those, and wonder what browsing history leads to that combination.

i get russian brides and bullion by post.:whistle:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just moved on from " Trout Farm Equipment" to this now....
f22113e7c7c8dc9ff12847d22ae73a5f.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Using the Tapatalk app throws some very bizarre ones up.

Commemorative royal family coins the other day.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I researched (and bought) a genuine Knoll Barcelona Chair about 2 weeks ago. I get daily adverts trying to get me to buy a genuine Knoll Barcelona Chair... No variations, at all. Just these ads.

I generally find it throws up things I've been looking to buy. I've managed to escape them offering me a 240v Mamba Megatron Bum-Pummeler and a Thai Bride, so I'm thankful for small mercies. :moo:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
95%+ of the ads I get on NSC are for running shoes, primarily because I spend 95% of my time online looking at running shoes.

On this page, as I type, I have SportsShoes.com at the top and Nike.com at the bottom.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
On this page, as I type, I have SportsShoes.com at the top...

Started in Hall Ings, Bradford in the 80's. A huge warehouse showroom building, and Bruce Bannister (ex Bradford City player) was always on the shop floor and happy to have a haggle with a teenager who didn't quite have enough to buy some ZX500's, Micropacers or some New Balance 565's. A very professional outfit from the off, and I'm glad they've done well!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Started in Hall Ings, Bradford in the 80's. A huge warehouse showroom building, and Bruce Bannister (ex Bradford City player) was always on the shop floor and happy to have a haggle with a teenager who didn't quite have enough to buy some ZX500's, Micropacers or some New Balance 565's. A very professional outfit from the off, and I'm glad they've done well!
I remember going there as a teenage to buy running spikes. Massive, it was (is?).

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Huion graphic drawing tablet from Amazon. I have very little interest in tech and the last thing I drew was a a pair of massive tits on a picture of a shopkeeper in my GCSE Tricolor French textbook.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I researched (and bought) a genuine Knoll Barcelona Chair about 2 weeks ago. I get daily adverts trying to get me to buy a genuine Knoll Barcelona Chair.....

You seem to spend a lot of money on mid century designer chairs. Just last week you revealed you had a Vitra Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman.

What other gems do you currently park your arse on?

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You seem to spend a lot of money on mid century designer chairs. Just last week you revealed you had a Vitra Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman.

What other gems do you currently park your arse on?

I bought the Eames in 2014, and the Barcelona in 2020 - and both for bargain prices. I'm not exactly a prolific chair buyer! :lolol:

I save up for what I want, then wait like a spider in the corner of the shed. When an absolute bargain pops up, I'm on it!

All through my life I've tried to buy quality. It lasts longer, looks better, and if you buy it second hand but mint condition - you won't do your bollocks if you ever need to sell it...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here