Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Conversation

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just watched Francis Ford Coppola's The Conversation. It's the third time I've seen and it's a masterpiece - I think it's better than the Godfather and Apocalypse Now as he doesn't have a mad budget to blow. It's a good a thriller as you're likely to see, with one of the best casts you can imagine.

If you've never seen it, it's on iPlayer for the next three days ... and if you have seen it, it's well worth seeing again

As an aside, has there ever been a better year for films than 1974?

The Godfather Part 2, The Conversation, Chinatown, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Murder on the Orient Express, Lenny, Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 and The Parallax View all came out that year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just watched Francis Ford Coppola's The Conversation. It's the third time I've seen and it's a masterpiece - I think it's better than the Godfather and Apocalypse Now as he doesn't have a mad budget to blow. It's a good a thriller as you're likely to see, with one of the best casts you can imagine.

If you've never seen it, it's on iPlayer for the next three days ... and if you have seen it, it's well worth seeing again

The Godfather Part 2, The Conversation, Chinatown, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Murder on the Orient Express, Lenny, Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 and The Parallax View all came out that year.

Oh. Was looking forward to this, but actually found it a bit dull. Clever twist though.

el punal

If you take in 73 and 75 as well (I think I’ve got the years right!) you have Jaws and Towering Inferno, Don’t Look Now, The Godfather, The Sting and many more.

A good time to be sat in the Odeon or ABC!

P.S. I came out of the cinema shaking after watching Don’t Look Now. The nearest film to it for scaring me shitless was the 1989 version of Woman in Black. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here