Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen - Monday 18th May, 2020 – 19:30 (UK) Matchday Thread

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Blue-WERDER-BREMEN-vs-BAYER-LEVERKUSEN.jpg

THE FACTS

When does Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Monday 18th May, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)

Where is Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION

What TV channel is Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport 1

Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app

Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors

What was the score in the last meeting between Werder Bremen & Bayer Leverkusen? Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 Werder Bremen

THE TEAM NEWS

WERDER BREMEN

Werder Bremen’s nightmare season could yet get worse with relegation a real possibility at this stage and they must find a way to put their dreadful form behind them when they resume playing with a home game against Bayer Leverkusen first up.
Bremen find themselves just one place above bottom side Paderborn having managed just four wins from their 24 Bundesliga matches so far this season and they head into this round of matches eight points from safety.
Bremen have picked up just five points on home soil so far this season which is the worst record in the Bundesliga and they will be under pressure to improve that form here but they will be without the suspended Davy Klaassen.

BAYER LEVERKUSEN

Bayer Leverkusen have Champions League football firmly in their sights and will believe that they can overhaul Borussia Monchengladbach into fourth place at the very least by the end of the campaign.
Leverkusen have lost just one of their last nine matches in the Bundesliga and have picked up some impressive results during that run, including a thrilling 4-3 success against top four rivals Borussia Dortmund.
The enforced break may have served Leverkusen well as their injury list appears to have significantly decreased and they should be able to call upon the services of top-scorer Kevin Volland in what will be a huge boost.

THE PREDICTION

Werder Bremen cannot afford many more losses in their quest to retain their place in the Bundesliga but they face a difficult task on the league’s restart as they host Bayer Leverkusen. The visitors are right in the mix for a top four finish and will be hoping to continue the good form they were showing before proceedings were brought to a temporary halt. Bremen’s defence is desperately poor and they come into this round of fixtures with more goals conceded than any other side in the division which highlights their issues. They will need to show huge improvements if they are to keep Leverkusen at bay but the hosts are likely to prove too good here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where we all meeti........ oops sorry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
TF I kept my BT sport subscription. This isall I will think about now till Monday. Fact. Thanks [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION]eeeee for posting :thumbsup:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
TF I kept my BT sport subscription. This isall I will think about now till Monday. Fact. Thanks [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION]eeeee for posting :thumbsup:

Football is back, embrace it, ok its not our beloved Brighton however there are a lot of Brighton fans who have a close friendship with their Bundesliga friends at Leverkusen, so this thread is for them !!

Mock as much as you like, for a lot of Brighton fans Lev is their second team and well worthy of a matchday thread in the absence of any BHA matchday action.

If its not for you then thats ok but no need to mock a thread about arguably the most supported German team in Brighton !

Enjoy !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Football is back, embrace it, ok its not our beloved Brighton however there are a lot of Brighton fans who have a close friendship with their Bundesliga friends at Leverkusen, so this thread is for them !!

Mock as much as you like, for a lot of Brighton fans Lev is their second team and well worthy of a matchday thread in the absence of any BHA matchday action.

If its not for you then thats ok but no need to mock a thread about arguably the most supported German team in Brighton !

Enjoy !

Mate. I wasn't mocking. I am massively up for a bit of verschwitzter Mann Fußball. Bring it on!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Football is back, embrace it, ok its not our beloved Brighton however there are ‘a lot’ of Brighton fans who have a close friendship with their Bundesliga friends.....Mock as much as you like, for ‘a lot’ of Brighton fans Lev is their second team

Are you able to define ‘a lot’? I’m thinking a few dozen?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Mate. I wasn't mocking. I am massively up for a bit of verschwitzter Mann Fußball. Bring it on!

No worries my friend !

Will be interesting to see how the weekends matches pan out, all a bit of an experiment i know but hopefully for us and other countries can learn from it and move forward playing football again, hopefully paying a liitle closer attention to our German friends than our country did in dealing with Covid 19, however thats not for discussion in this thread !!

I will PM you tomorrow on a separate subject, need some guidance on a property in Faversham :bigwave:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Compared to the rest of them that follow which German side?

I’m not talking about a percentage of Albion fans who support a certain German side, just how many have this ‘special bond’ with our German motherland and the particular team in question.

To answer your point though, I’d be disappointed if there wasn’t a fair few MSV Duisburg fans amongst us. I’m all for FC Köln myself due to a number of shared experiences with a group of their fans.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Are you able to define ‘a lot’? I’m thinking a few dozen?

I believe approx 150 Brighton fans went to Leverkusen a couple of years ago on a stag do, they were invited over by their German counterparts as part of a friendship that was formed by chance at a Euro game in Paris. Many Brighton fans go to Lev games throughout the season and many Lev fans come to Brighton.

Brighton flags can be seen at nearly every Leverkusen game, it is friendship that runs very deep and it certainly isnt a few dozen

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe approx 150 Brighton fans went to Leverkusen a couple of years ago on a stag do, they were invited over by their German counterparts as part of a friendship that was formed by chance at a Euro game in Paris. Many Brighton fans go to Lev games throughout the season and many Lev fans come to Brighton.

Brighton flags can be seen at nearly every Leverkusen game, it is friendship that runs very deep and it certainly isnt a few dozen

Ok. That’s a fairly significant number. I’ve seen the flags at Leverkusen games but it’s difficult to surmise how far the bond goes.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's too early/ people are dying/ what about the logistics/what if someone tests positive between a test/no integrity after a break/I can't see my parents but the Germans can spit at each other and wrestle and corners/how can we trust football fans not to congregate at the stadium/money over lives

*Delete as appropriate

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

I’m still recovering from the 2014 visit ..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpeg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
SSN this morning. Only 216 people allowed inside the ground. That includes players etc. 105 outside, mainly security.
But all the bars are open and so fans watching the game there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here