Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Thank F*** it’s Fridat drinks thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m enjoying a cheeky post-work bottle of Rothaus Pils in anticipation of Brewdog opening its doors for the first time since lock-down. This is a tentative first step along the road to normality but it could all be over very quickly if infection rates rise to unmanageable levels. With this latter point in mind I plan to play safe but make the most of this freedom. Let’s see how this goes.

Bleiben Meine Freunden Gessund!

Here we go.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Yippee!

Some Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio from Oz for me tonight. Yum!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've just popped the cork on a Chilean Carmenere at 4.30 :eek:

Well it is Fridat, and I'll pace myself :cheers:

(by pace myself, I mean asleep on the sofa by 8.30)

Last edited:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Working tomorrow (early start) so just a couple of cans of Guinness.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Just got back from a (work) drive to Deal, Dover, then back to Eastbourne.. I absolutely fecking HATE the roads from home to Kent....

In honour of my crappy day behind the wheel I have just 'pscchhhttt' opened a can of ice cold K Cider. Refreshing.

I've got nothing else in the house though - and I can't be arsed to drive to the shops, so that may be it.. :glare:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A four pint takeaway of Gun Parabellum Milk Stout from The Foghorn with chilli pork scratchings for me and regular pork scratchings for the snack cupboard. If that proves inadequate there's a bag of ice in the freezer and a bottle of Bushmills also in the snack cupboard.

Bad snack cupboard!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well, it is World Whisky Day tomorrow, so I may have to have a bit of an advance taster, so to speak, just to ensure I get in the groove for tomorrow.:whisky:
We shall be enjoying some local crab tonight, together with prawns and Cornish new potatoes, so a glass or two of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc shall be most welcome.
Cheers to all fellow imbibers.:drink:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Gun Brewery Spin Drift, followed by Gun Brewery Scaramanga.

You didn't venture far for those :lolol:

I've just finished the first can of scaramanga, with a few to follow :cheers:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes, it’s my local brewery and it does a good selection of gluten free beer( important to me as Ihave Coeliac disease)

And they are bloody good at it as well!!

On the subject of local breweries I made my now regular Friday lunch time trip down the hill to Eridge to pick up 12 pints from Good Things earlier. I'm currently on their Restoring Balance IPA. I have another 4 pints of that and 4 of Beyond The Surface to see off. Hopefully it won't all be tonight else I'll be making another trip down there tomorrow lunch time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had a FourPure Jet lager at 4% and then a follow up Yosemite small pale by the same mob and that was only 2.5%...

Thanks to a mercy dash by the great Pickles I now have 4 Jaipurs and 4 Punks to make friends with again..... Not ice cold yet though.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes, it’s my local brewery and it does a good selection of gluten free beer( important to me as I have Coeliac disease)

I didn’t need to venture out at all.
I ordered online at about 4.30 yesterday afternoon and it was delivered at 6.:clap:

Back of the net!

One of the owners (Mark) is very local to me - great beer and a lovely bloke to boot

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It's a Friday I can actually partake! Thistly Cross Original with my steak and chips and a couple of Whisky Casks when the kids are in bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here