Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Two clubs vote to end season

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
League Two's season has been brought to an early conclusion following discussions between clubs and the English Football League.

After an indicative vote by the clubs, the table is set to be decided using a weighted points-per-game method, while the play-offs would be played as usual.

But any move still needs to be ratified by the EFL and Football Association.

Meanwhile, teams in League One will have to meet again on Monday after failing to come to an agreement.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well it's a start - now just need L1, Championship and PL to catch up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
good move. realistically this is probably the fairest way to finish all leagues.

Unless you are in the bottom 3 with every chance of climbing out- especially given the team one point above you have a harder run in.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Another season of woe at Macclesfield Town unless the owner goes. Seems the testing costs have put a lot of clubs of carrying on anything from 140k+ ?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
This is what the Premier League would look like apparently, basically the same as now, except with Wolves and Sheff Utd switching places, Palace and Burnley doing the same and West Ham swapping with Bournemouth

0_premier-league.jpg

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well if this is actually signed-off with no relegation and 23 clubs Barrow would be promoted ? However i have on idea how the set-up works between L2 and The N/L when it comes to this,does anyone ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
League Two's season has been brought to an early conclusion following discussions between clubs and the English Football League.

After an indicative vote by the clubs, the table is set to be decided using a weighted points-per-game method, while the play-offs would be played as usual.

But any move still needs to be ratified by the EFL and Football Association.

Meanwhile, teams in League One will have to meet again on Monday after failing to come to an agreement.
Common sense seeping up from the grass-roots; slowly, admittedly, but as far as League 2 now -inly 68 more clubs to come to their senses now.

Although I still think voiding is an even better option. I guess I could live wit points per game though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well if this is actually signed-off with no relegation and 23 clubs Barrow would be promoted ? However i have on idea how the set-up works between L2 and The N/L when it comes to this,does anyone ?

Was originally only going to be 1 down from League 2 and two up from the National League due to Bury going out of business. Stevenage would be bottom of the weighted table so will be the club to be reprieved from relegation if the FA agree to the plans.

There are normally two promotion places to League 2, with the champions going up automatically, Barrow are currently top. 2nd to 7th would normally take part in playoffs to decide the second promotion spot. When the National League voted to end the season in April it was said careful consideration would be given to promotion and relegation but there has been no further information coming. So i guess its a case of wait and see if Barrow come up or not.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As PL clubs will be retaining all TV money lets hope they make a substantial contribution to these clubs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9348152 said:
This is what the Premier League would look like apparently, basically the same as now, except with Wolves and Sheff Utd switching places, Palace and Burnley doing the same and West Ham swapping with Bournemouth

0_premier-league.jpg

West Ham and Villa down. There’d be no tears from me.

Blades fans would love that for West Ham after their 2007 cheating.

Gold, Sullivan and Brady would shirley take it to the courts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wasn’t there a story that the broadcasters would have to be repaid either way ? Did that turn out to be nonsense ?

It turned out that out of the £700m repayable according to reliable sources such as the BBC, ‘only’ £340m is repayable to broadcasters. It is a fact. Without that, I reckon a 14 clubs majority would agree to end the season, with an average point finish. Barber has been very honest that the money is vital.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
With you there, Swindon Seagull. Born in Swindon and went tot he County Ground regularly as a kid. You can tell how old I am because I can remember Tommy Lawton playing there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There wasn’t a vote ...so not quite over...an indication that it will be at yet another meeting...according to interview with Forest Green owner on R5 earlier...and it wasn’t unanimous that it would be...although a clear majority have said so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here