Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Richard Littlejohn article in the Daily Mail

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ah, Mr Littlejohn. Master of the hypocritical statement:

His opening lines, copied below exactly as he has written them, could so easily be turned straight back towards him:

"With depressing predictability, it's politics as usual again. The temporary 'we're all in this together' truce didn't last long.

The opportunist, finger-pointing blame game is in full swing"

As he then spends the rest of the article finger-pointing in his usual way.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Little John has a point . He often does have a point but usually the essence of his message gets lost because he takes it too far .

However his article today seems quite mild when compared to Polly Tomybe of the Guardian who seems to be blaming the govt for daring to allow estate agents back at work to help kick start the housing market , which is after all a big player in our economy .

Her view seems to be let’s hope corona will cause a property price collapse so everyone can buy a house . Obviously the idea of supply and demand seems to have escaped her and she is starting to sound like a communist . Not a huge surprise I guess .

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Well written"

"Richard Littlejohn"

Nope, sorry, you've lost me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ah, Mr Littlejohn. Master of the hypocritical statement:

His opening lines, copied below exactly as he has written them, could so easily be turned straight back towards him:

"With depressing predictability, it's politics as usual again. The temporary 'we're all in this together' truce didn't last long.

The opportunist, finger-pointing blame game is in full swing"

As he then spends the rest of the article finger-pointing in his usual way.

True, but he is spot on correct mind.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Little John has a point . He often does have a point but usually the essence of his message gets lost because he takes it too far .

However his article today seems quite mild when compared to Polly Tomybe of the Guardian who seems to be blaming the govt for daring to allow estate agents back at work to help kick start the housing market , which is after all a big player in our economy .

Her view seems to be let’s hope corona will cause a property price collapse so everyone can buy a house . Obviously the idea of supply and demand seems to have escaped her and she is starting to sound like a communist . Not a huge surprise I guess .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Complete and utter tabloid bollocks, the sort of shit journalism that leads to men like Boris and Trump being elected.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tories seem to think the government shouldn't be held to account, when it is obvious there have been multiple failings in their handling of this crisis. Labour have been really restrained so far.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Having now forced myself to read it, his argument seems to boil down to two things;

1. "It's not fair that public sector workers aren't having pay cuts when all my private sector mates are, cut their pay too."
2. "The Government should in no way be blamed for the failures of Government policy, it's all the fault of these faceless bureaucrats."

Which when you analyse it are both absolutely terrible arguments.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Complete and utter tabloid bollocks, the sort of shit journalism that leads to men like Boris and Trump being elected.

They've done a sterling job to persuading ordinary folk to despise the public sector and essentially act against their own interests

A couple of weeks ago the DM were praising the clapping of the NHS

A couple of years ago the DM wanted all the junior doctors sacked

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Can I attempt to summarize the message for those that cannot see beyond their hatred for the "journalist" or the need to blame Boris for everything.

When my company is busy I earn a lot. Now I wont.Therefore I wont be paying huge amounts in tax.

If lots of people who pay a lot of tax don't, something has to give.

Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here