Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] BBC QT tonight

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'm surprised that there isn't anything about this, as I thought it was very good tonight. It was a guy from the RMT, Luke Johnson - an entrepreneur, a very articulate scientist from Edinburgh and 2 politicians.
The questions led to several interesting debates - RMT were 'lock everybody down until it's all gone away or give our transport workers full ICU level PPE', Johnson was 'let all under 60's out now' and the scientist was 'now is not the time to relax the lockdown'. The politicians were low level politicking. Very watchable.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm surprised that there isn't anything about this, as I thought it was very good tonight. It was a guy from the RMT, Luke Johnson - an entrepreneur, a very articulate scientist from Edinburgh and 2 politicians.
The questions led to several interesting debates - RMT were 'lock everybody down until it's all gone away or give our transport workers full ICU level PPE, Johnson was 'let all under 60's out now' and the scientist was 'now is not the time to relax the lockdown'. The politicians were low level politicking. Very watchable.

What I find interesting is that the scientists are still very much in the "we don't know" on many subjects but entrepreneurs like Luke Johnson (and that pub landlord) seem to know far much more about Covid 19.

Why Governments are dealing with Scientists is beyond me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Question Time has been much improved by the absence of an audience. I’ve grown so tired of the braying mobs on either side. Removing them seems to have allowed for some considered debate.

I’ll probably give up on QT once the public get back in on the act.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mike Cash was just rambling like a loon. Old Man Shouts At Cloud syndrome.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

But not as big a nob jockey as Luke Johnson.

Remember those frothing at the mouth Brexiteers who kept moaning all the time there were the only ones on the panel who had voted leave ?

He's moaning on Twitter tonight that he was the only "anti lock-down" panelist, just as he was moaning on the programme he was the only private sector panelist.

Fiona Bruce had to remind him it was a political programme.

A number of high profile Brexiteers (mps, journalists and business people) who have nothing now to moan about have jumped on the anti-lock down train.

Easy to make a list. This is very much a problem for Boris now.

Lock downs are something that Europeans do, expect the Swedes of course.

The deaths in care homes doesn't fit with their narrative of course, unless you are pushing the line that he "fascist" lock down actually caused the deaths in care homes.

Odious bell end border line psychopath. I'll take a closer look at his business interest in future and make sure I actively avoid them.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I thought that both Johnson and RMT were well OTT but it shows the depth of feeling (and fear) that's out there. The scientist was able to argue against many of Johnson's points but was mainly batting back everything sent at her with the 'stay at home' mantra. Something has to give and before long.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What I find interesting is that the scientists are still very much in the "we don't know" on many subjects but entrepreneurs like Luke Johnson (and that pub landlord) seem to know far much more about Covid 19.

[tweet]1249142617549520898[/tweet]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

He certainly wasn't very good at marshalling his ideas. But his point that the unions and government had agreed on a staged return to a full service on TFL and then the call had suddenly been for everyone to go back to work was an important one.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
He certainly wasn't very good at marshalling his ideas. But his point that the unions and government had agreed on a staged return to a full service on TFL and then the call had suddenly been for everyone to go back to work was an important one.

I'm sure that will be a question at today's briefing - or it certainly should be. I didn't realise it was just TFL but if it was then isn't that controlled by the Mayor?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I switched off as soon as I heard he was on it. I just knew I would end up shouting at the telly and didn't want to risk the wrath of Mrs P if I woke her up :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm sure that will be a question at today's briefing - or it certainly should be. I didn't realise it was just TFL but if it was then isn't that controlled by the Mayor?

My mistake. What he said was: "We’d done a deal last week, which had an incremental change, phasing in of improvements on train services, increased capacity, but also allowing safe increased capacity. And the government jumped the gun. It’s like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand’s doing. We’re talking to DFT [Department for Transport] – are they talking to Number 10?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Union man wasn't very good at getting his point across sensibly without shouting.
The entrepreneur was a bit of a Loon.
The Labour lady just wanted to say 'we support the Govt'
The Govt Minister looked like a rabbit in headlights.
Scientist lady talked sense,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If they are following Trumpo's model in the US (in the case of Fauci) so there's someone else to blame (and for the public to turn on) when it all goes tits up :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here