Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan and the global team.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, Maty Ryan tweeted he was on his way back the other day so presumably he is back and has done so before the belated rule about 14 day isolation. However, have we got any others out of the country at the moment. Izzy was back in Colombia but what about Alexis? His brief cameo in the last game was extremely promising but I wonder whether he stayed here or took a trip back to Argentina?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So, Maty Ryan tweeted he was on his way back the other day so presumably he is back and has done so before the belated rule about 14 day isolation. However, have we got any others out of the country at the moment. Izzy was back in Colombia but what about Alexis? His brief cameo in the last game was extremely promising but I wonder whether he stayed here or took a trip back to Argentina?

Potter didn't seem to bothered about Izzy coming back or not as he hasn't been in his plans all season. Last I heard, Alexis stayed here and has one of his family with him, but I stand to be corrected.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trossard was in Belgium

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If he came back through France, he won’t have to isolate because the Government appear to believe that CoVid 19 won’t come into the country via that route.:shrug:

It's massively irresponsible on the part of our Government not to have required everyone coming into the country to self isolate for 14 days. Many countries have even enforced 14 days quarantine on anyone entering from abroad. Why our Government only insisted on quarantining for a few instances early on is beyond me. And why the delay on now insisting on 14 day isolation is equally baffling.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's massively irresponsible on the part of our Government not to have required everyone coming into the country to self isolate for 14 days. Many countries have even enforced 14 days quarantine on anyone entering from abroad. Why our Government only insisted on quarantining for a few instances early on is beyond me. And why the delay on now insisting on 14 day isolation is equally baffling.

It's beyond my comprehension. I had assumed 14 days isolation when entering the UK from abroad had been in place since lockdown. It's not hindsight to suggest it was a no-brainer. There must surely have been a scientific basis for enforcing it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It's beyond my comprehension. I had assumed 14 days isolation when entering the UK from abroad had been in place since lockdown. It's not hindsight to suggest it was a no-brainer. There must surely have been a scientific basis for enforcing it.

Scientific basis was that it was already in the community so adding in a few more cases would make no difference.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Scientific basis was that it was already in the community so adding in a few more cases would make no difference.

Personally, I would prefer the scientific basis from NZ, Singapore, S Korea etc, as ours seem to start out as desiring herd immunity before only partly rowing back on that due to concerns raised about the number of deaths that could actually cause

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

That's a bizarre bit of logic to my unscientific mind, especially when the aim all along is to get the R down. It runs counter to the general Stay at Home message too, that came in when we seemingly abandoned the, build up herd immunity, approach.

I don't know any scientists, but everyone I know with a medical background knows all about the standard 2 to 14 days incubation period and had assumed a 14 day isolation period advice was in place all along. My wife recently returned from abroad on a 'rescue' flight and yet the official advice still is for all of us in our large household not to have to isolate, unless showing symptoms. We disagree, and are all observing 14 days anyway. Maybe we just don't fully understand the science and are misguided in that decision, but we'd rather play it safe for everyone.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That's a bizarre bit of logic to my unscientific mind, especially when the aim all along is to get the R down. It runs counter to the general Stay at Home message too, that came in when we seemingly abandoned the, build up herd immunity, approach.

I don't know any scientists, but everyone I know with a medical background knows all about the standard 2 to 14 days incubation period and had assumed a 14 day isolation period advice was in place all along. My wife recently returned from abroad on a 'rescue' flight and yet the official advice still is for all of us in our large household not to have to isolate, unless showing symptoms. We disagree, and are all observing 14 days anyway. Maybe we just don't fully understand the science and are misguided in that decision, but we'd rather play it safe for everyone.

This is what Boris Johnson said in the briefing on Sunday:

Throughout the outbreak, we have brought in the right measures at the right time based on scientific advice,”

“When there was significant transmission of coronavirus within the UK, the advice was that border restrictions would have a very marginal impact on the number of cases within the UK.

“Now that domestic transmission is decreasing, it is the right time to prepare new measures at the border to protect us from imported cases and the risk of a second wave of infections from those arriving here.”

----------------
I suspect allowing a large number of Athletico Madrid fans to come over for the Liverpool game is a significant factor in the high number of cases in the North West of the country.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Potter didn't seem to bothered about Izzy coming back or not as he hasn't been in his plans all season. Last I heard, Alexis stayed here and has one of his family with him, but I stand to be corrected.

That will be good news as I was impressed with his display and, if the morons at the top deem the league must play on then he could be crucial in our survival!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That will be good news as I was impressed with his display and, if the morons at the top deem the league must play on then he could be crucial in our survival!!

Paul Barber made it plain that the PL season should complete, it’s a business, the club needs the money. He added that they’d take relegation on the chin. His gripe, neutral stadia.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This is what Boris Johnson said in the briefing on Sunday:

Throughout the outbreak, we have brought in the right measures at the right time based on scientific advice,”

“When there was significant transmission of coronavirus within the UK, the advice was that border restrictions would have a very marginal impact on the number of cases within the UK.

“Now that domestic transmission is decreasing, it is the right time to prepare new measures at the border to protect us from imported cases and the risk of a second wave of infections from those arriving here.”

----------------
I suspect allowing a large number of Athletico Madrid fans to come over for the Liverpool game is a significant factor in the high number of cases in the North West of the country.

And every single person I've spoken to is baffled by that statement. In fact, almost to a person, the common response has been...'stable door and horses'. But then none of the people I've spoken to are scientists, granted.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Fair play to you. Good to see people acting in the interests of the community rather than themselves. In our own small way we are trying to do similar by staying at home and not changing our lockdown until we decide it is safe to do so.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fair play to you. Good to see people acting in the interests of the community rather than themselves. In our own small way we are trying to do similar by staying at home and not changing our lockdown until we decide it is safe to do so.

Tbf, principles and beliefs are easy to stick to when they don't come at too high a price. My wife is missing out on income, but we are just about managing. My work took the decision for me, thankfully, and I remain on full pay. I wouldn't want to be over judgemental on poor buggers who need to continue working or go straight back to work just to put food on the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here