• Sometimes puddle, sometimes distribute [i.e. both]

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Don't like/add sauce

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
How do you apply your sauce? Be it mayo, ketchup, mustard, salad cream, etc.

Do you make a puddle on your plate and dip your food into the sauce puddle or distribute your sauce directly on to the food?

Been living with my missus for 35 years and only just noticed she puddles and I distribute - what do you do?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As per schmunk, I would only distribute salad dressing. Got to be a puddle otherwise. Hate it when people put ketchup all over chips and make them a soggy mess.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mayo squirted all over chips. Everything else on the side of the plate.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The junior Bobkins all make a puddle of ketchup with bacon sandwiches and dip the whole sandwich in – often leading to the bacon falling out. Baffling behaviour and I've tried to persuade them to put the sauce IN the sandwich, but they're not having it.

As the above implies, I'm a distributor – apart from with chips, they've got to be dipped.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
WHERE is ENREST to give US the CORRECT answer?!

It's option 3, depending on the sauce / food to be sauced.

*phones order in to chippy* :drool:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The junior Bobkins all make a puddle of ketchup with bacon sandwiches and dip the whole sandwich in – often leading to the bacon falling out. Baffling behaviour and I've tried to persuade them to put the sauce IN the sandwich, but they're not having it.

As the above implies, I'm a distributor – apart from with chips, they've got to be dipped.

Staggering. How did they even think up such an option? :shrug:

Pretty inventive, even if totally WRONG.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Would never use ketchup or mayonnaise. Mustard , a small amount on the side of the plate . Never directly on food and puddles I’m sorry but that sounds quite vulgar to me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Depends to be honest, if I am alone and know there is no possibility of anyone swooping in, it’s a puddle.

However for example If you buy chips, asking in advance if those (Prime example the wife) want any, they refuse with “I’m Alright, I’m not that hungry”
Well we all know they are swooping, so I splash Mayo and hot sauce all over them chips....
She hates mayo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Awful, awful poll - you'll be disappointed with that when you sober up. The use of sauce as a condiment cannot be simplified to such a degree. Too many other variables. I'm abstaining (and going to have my dinner - use of sauce not yet determined as requires CAREFUL CONSIDERATION)

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
HP and ketchup in a puddle, mustard on the side, but Lea and Perrins has to be splashed on all over 'Arry!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here