Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 101 No one in.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Some little scrotes have smashed into [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION]'s van tonight around 10pm.
They did a turn down the road and came back to survey the damage and just drove off.
Spent 45 minutes ringing 101 - rang and rang no one answered.
Phoned 999 and explained the situation - they gave me another number to ring same thing happened.
They advised to ring in the morning as there was a fault.
:moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some little scrotes have smashed into [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION]'s van tonight around 10pm.
They did a turn down the road and came back to survey the damage and just drove off.
Phoned 999 and explained the situation - they gave me another number to ring same thing happened.

Sorry to hear that. :(

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Too busy dealing with lockdown queries...oh and my son is on leave :whistle:

Ps sorry to hear about this news

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Complete and utter trash mate, hopefully someone saw it and can identify the scumbags and tell our illustrious Police Force, obviously as long as their phones are working ok.
:thumbsup:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Complete and utter trash mate, hopefully someone saw it and can identify the scumbags and tell our illustrious Police Force, obviously as long as their phones are working ok.
:thumbsup:

If you had any idea of the working life of a call taker at Sussex Police HQ, there can be few jobs anywhere where the turnover of staff is so high. A friend of mine would sit crying in her car before she started her shift, so much did she dread going in (she’s since moved on). Stripped of staff (nice one Theresa May), under too much pressure, outdated equipment not fit for purpose and taking too much abuse on the phones.

Sorry to hear Simmo and Wrong D, utter scum as has already been said.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If you had any idea of the working life of a call taker at Sussex Police HQ, there can be few jobs anywhere where the turnover of staff is so high. A friend of mine would sit crying in her car before she started her shift, so much did she dread going in (she’s since moved on). Stripped of staff (nice one Theresa May), under too much pressure, outdated equipment not fit for purpose and taking too much abuse on the phones.

Sorry to hear Simmo and Wrong D, utter scum as has already been said.

Just to put the record straight everyone on the 999 service(three phone calls to them) were great.
The 101 service was not working as the 999 police operator couldn't reach them either.
She said her screen was showing there were five personal on duty waiting to take calls at the 101 centre at the time.

No problem, I doubt the outcome would have been any different.
The 101 centre was working again this morning although the operator new nothing about any problems last night :rolleyes:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm really not sure that the 101 service is fir for purpose, even on a 'normal' day.

I have had reason to call them a couple of times over the past few years, and on both occasions it took them an age to answer the phone. They say that too many people are dialing 999 unnecessarily, well maybe that's part of the reason, it's so difficult to get through on 101.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm really not sure that the 101 service is fir for purpose, even on a 'normal' day.

I have had reason to call them a couple of times over the past few years, and on both occasions it took them an age to answer the phone. They say that too many people are dialing 999 unnecessarily, well maybe that's part of the reason, it's so difficult to get through on 101.

I can tell you from a very reliable source that too many people ring born numbers unnecessarily

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure that's the case, but obviously these numbers need to exist, and be answered promptly, so that the Police can be contacted, otherwise what's the point?

If it was treated with respect you generally wouldn’t have a problem getting through at all ..and until I started to realise the calls that people make I never understood the problem ..of course you might be more educated than me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here