Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] When airlines start flying again

Will you be flying before a vaccine is administered?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will you be before you have had a vaccine for Coronavirus?

Me? I will be driving to wherever I go ....and will only take the Eurotunnel.

Sounds like complete madness to this poster to get on a plane before a vaccine is available and administered.

Am I a WUSS? (I am quite old but reasonably healthy but my wife has asthma)

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Doing a BA Baracus/Dennis Bergkamp is the way to go. People are too quick to hop on planes with no thought for the planet.

Holidaying in North Wales is the way forward.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think I want to see what precautions are in place? I have to fly for work but clearly not currently. Same for hotels, trains, public places etc.

Precautions on a plane, how does that work?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Never stopped these dudes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Personally I would if I had to.

We're putting off all our site work in Scotland at the moment but at some point it's going to be necessary to do some bits up there face to face. I'd work with my company to see the best options between train and plane at that point but **** a 12 hour drive to Edinburgh for a day's work, no thanks.

My old man lives in France and if anything happened with him I'd get out there the fastest way possible, no expense spared.

Will I be booking another holiday though? Not at the moment. Once I know there's a reasonable chance of it happening I will though, vaccine or no vaccine. Indeed I intend to travel more for the rest of my life. I love it and I've had a rather too close view of my own mortality over the last two months. It'll be live for the moment as soon as we're vaguely able to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I would if I had to.

We're putting off all our site work in Scotland at the moment but at some point it's going to be necessary to do some bits up there face to face. I'd work with my company to see the best options between train and plane at that point but **** a 12 hour drive to Edinburgh for a day's work, no thanks.

My old man lives in France and if anything happened with him I'd get out there the fastest way possible, no expense spared.

Will I be booking another holiday though? Not at the moment. Once I know there's a reasonable chance of it happening I will though, vaccine or no vaccine. Indeed I intend to travel more for the rest of my life. I love it and I've had a rather too close view of my own mortality over the last two months. It'll be live for the moment as soon as we're vaguely able to.

Sounds very AB19AEE5-909B-4DCA-BB50-9C31A79E995B.jpeg to me!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will you be before you have had a vaccine for Coronavirus?

Me? I will be driving to wherever I go ....and will only take the Eurotunnel.

Sounds like complete madness to this poster to get on a plane before a vaccine is available and administered.

Am I a WUSS? (I am quite old but reasonably healthy but my wife has asthma)

Don't you like ferries? Out on deck with the healthy sea air?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I have been watching lots of cycle tours on youtube recently and quite fancy cycling to Ghent wild camping on the way.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Have you ever been on a ferry?

Crowded onto the car deck. Queuing up the stairs. And if everyone went on deck (as opposed to the 95% of passengers that seem to spend the whole time in the bar, the arcade, or eating chips) it would be pretty packed...

Just heard Simon Calder talking about the decision to fly (on Ryanair) as though it was a personal choice as to whether you want to take the risk.

Some people have STILL not understood the principle that keeping the R number down is a collective effort for the common good. It doesn't work if we each make individual choices based on what risk we see for ourselves. On that logic, anyone under 45 in good health can just get on with life, let the virus rip and screw the old and vulnerable.

But Simon Calder is not any kind of journalist in my book - he's a marketing stooge for the aviation industry

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryanair are selling tickets for July.

The trouble is that their refusal to refund previous customers painlessly will now mean that everyone knows they will have a terrible time getting a refund if these new flights have to be subsequently cancelled.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We have flights to the US for the October half-term, booked before all this kicked off, and I can't see, practically, how we'd be able to use them.

As you say, there's the obvious health implications of the flight itself, including the airports either side.

Beyond that, there could be issues with insurance coverage, the US could still be in an utter mess and there could be the possibility of having to go into isolation either upon arrival in the US and/or upon return to the UK.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Love them and would be my choice but no way am I getting that close to people I don’t know. Bar boarding and leaving last there would be no way to avoid the.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Love them and would be my choice but no way am I getting that close to people I don’t know. Bar boarding and leaving last there would be no way to avoid the.

I know the Tunnel is only 35 minutes but also uses recycled air. You also have to wind your windows down.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Airlines will start flying next month.

Its going to get messy soon, even more so if the FCO advice changes.

If the flight goes and the hotel is open, you wont get a refund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here