Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

D

Deleted member 2719

The present government has already said all public sector pay is frozen, and taxes will rise. £30billion pounds in debt so austerity Mk2.

That god for austerity if Corbyn had been in the past few years we would have been starting from a recession.

Now that would have been catastrophic for our economy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, but Johnson needs to get his finger on the pulse and fecking quick, Rushi Sunak seems to be rising to the top of the barrel.

It would be hard for any Chancellor not to look good when they've been given licence to throw money around like confetti whilst standing alongside a cabinet full of f*cktards.

Let's see where the guy is in 9 month's time when he's dealing with the impact of paying for the aftermath of Covid-19 and fighting the Hard Brexit fires.

Jimmy Grimble

I expect to see the press turning on Starmer by 2022 and digging up some dirt on him.

Why do you expect this? Is there dirt on him that you know about?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Starmer to me looks and sounds like Tony Blair, ****ing lawyers!

Edit, I meant Sir Kier Starmer

If any needs a bloody good lawyer it's The UK...

...and Tony Blair. :lol:

I'm in!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We will soon find out.

EX5WK4uXQAEAdXx

The speed with which this was produced suggests that it had been prepared earlier. That suggests two things: first of all, Starmer (or his advisers) are thinking two steps ahead, something which augurs well for the long-term future. Second, they knew that Johnson would lie - the fact that it's accepted that the PM would lie to the house is not something that augurs well for the short term.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Starmer was in government he would be taking advice from same Science and medical experts. Maybe it those people that should be criticised

Advice given depends on the questions you ask. If your questions are centred around maximising personal freedoms, minimising restrictions, and prioritising getting people back to work, the advice you get will be about that.

If, on the other hand, you ask how to minimise cases, minimise deaths and restrict the spread of the virus, you will get advice on that.

Then you make a decision about what to do and when, noting that the advice given that informs your decision may well be in conflict.

This is how government works. The buck stops with the PM and the cabinet. The latter are equally culpable - if they don't agree they can make a stand (like Javid....) or resign.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Wow!

Actually I'm glad you voted tory because if people had voted labour we'd not have Starmer now. and Jezza would still be there, making Boris look statesmanlike.

I actually did vote labour (in part to rid the constituence of the vapid Helen Whately) but safe in the knowledge Corbyn wouldn't win the GE.

It gives me no pleasure that Boris has turned out to be so awful in this time of crisis, and although it does at least hasten the likelihood of a Starmer giovernment in 4.5 years, I would rather Boris lose his war in a different battle. With real peoples' lives at stake, his melting is tragic for us all.

Helen Whately is such a lightweight they probably have to nail her shoes to the floor. She is that certain sort of Home Counties posh Tory bird who looks mortally offended if you so much as hint that her government might be a tad incompetent or - heaven forfend! - just plain nasty. Mind you, put her next to some of her colleagues (Truss, Patel) and she looks like the next PM.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Starmer was in government he would be taking advice from same Science and medical experts. Maybe it those people that should be criticised

But presumably without the "interjections" from Dominic Cummings.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That god for austerity if Corbyn had been in the past few years we would have been starting from a recession.

Now that would have been catastrophic for our economy.

Hypothesis. What IS catastrophic is that our struggle to recover from the economic effects of the virus will be made far harder by the huge weakening of the public finances caused by Brexit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If any needs a bloody good lawyer it's The UK...

...and Tony Blair. :lol:

I'm in!

I was always very impressed with Blair when being interviewed and in a corner how he managed to talk himself out of it. One very clever and intelligent man, whatever else he was! I never voted for him either, which makes it even more irritating to me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Advice given depends on the questions you ask. If your questions are centred around maximising personal freedoms, minimising restrictions, and prioritising getting people back to work, the advice you get will be about that.

If, on the other hand, you ask how to minimise cases, minimise deaths and restrict the spread of the virus, you will get advice on that.

Exactly. I'm not sure why other people don't see this, it seems obvious to me.

(It also doesn't help to have political advisers attending science conferences - that's going to skew advice too)

Mind you, put her next to some of her colleagues (Truss, Patel) and she looks like the next PM.

If you put a hatstand next to Truss or Patel, it would look more like the next PM

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
When we have a crisis , it`s a good time to be in opposition !

Rubbish - a crisis sorts the men from the boys or those who can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Chamberlain couldn't deal with the crisis in 1940 and was booted out.
Churchill stood firm during the year of defeats in 1942 and survived being incredibly unpopular
Eden failed to deal with the Suez crisis in 1956 and was removed.
Heath chickened out of dealing with the crisis of 1973 and was voted out.
Thatcher dealt with the Falkland Crisis and that was the making of her.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Could it be any easier for the opposition in a situation like this?
Boris is in a lose-lose scenario and Starmer, and every other critic in the world is in a win-win situation.
I expect to see the press turning on Starmer by 2022 and digging up some dirt on him.

Fortunately, people with common sense will take the whole picture in, and they will see the great work that Boris and his cabinet are doing and not just point fingers at every opportunity.

blimey :ffsparr:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If Johnson was prepared he wouldn't have stated that it was untrue, he would have pointed out when and why the detail changed.

However ,in Johnson's world, lies, bluff and no attention to detail is highly regarded.

Yes. If he didn't know, he should just say 'please show me the document'. Instead he simply denied it, and was wrong.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Regardless, I posted my worries on Nsc about care homes because I have two relatives in care homes. That was weeks ago, and the government continued to put ill patients into care.
GPs were telling relatives that their family member wouldn't be taken into hospital if they had a heart attack or stroke, but just made comfortable.
[MENTION=28993]Wil[/MENTION]bury Seagull will back me because he asked me if I had a source for that information. I told him it was personal experience of my family.

That is absolutely true. I hope your relatives are ok.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Hunt was the Minister who accused Doctors of being greedy and underhand during the NHS dispute couple of years ago. He is not fit to be an MP, leave alone PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here