Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sorry but disagree and sums up our politics and media. I am no BJ fan but think they have and are doing there best in very unusual circumstances. Coronavirus is not political and should not be treated as such. All politicians and media just want to score points. BJ criticised for not trying to come out of lockdown and same when he does. He is In a no win situation

They knew that hospitals were being cleared of ill patients to make space for Covid patients. They knew that patients were being put into care and nursing homes without testing thereby introducing Covid19 into those homes where the staff and residents had no protection.

They haven't included those dead in their official figures.

They built Nightingale hospitals which weren't used because they didn't have the staff for them. What a waste of time.

No, they aren't doing their best.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If Starmer was in government he would be taking advice from same Science and medical experts. Maybe it those people that should be criticised

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They knew that hospitals were being cleared of ill patients to make space for Covid patients. They knew that patients were being put into care and nursing homes without testing thereby introducing Covid19 into those homes where the staff and residents had no protection.

They haven't included those dead in their official figures.

They built Nightingale hospitals which weren't used because they didn't have the staff for them. What a waste of time.

No, they aren't doing their best.

yes ,they are doing their best; it's just that their best is extremely poor

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If Starmer was in government he would be taking advice from same Science and medical experts. Maybe it those people that should be criticised

who lied about the ppe?

who told nhs staff that they weren't using it properly? etc, etc

if they don't want the responsibility, they should do the honourable thing

bj, honour :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As pointed out, Starmer has a free hit right now, so is making hay as it were.

All errors are being highlighted regarding CV19, knowing full well he'll not be in a position of making any policies or decisions himself for some considerable time.

Needs to build up his points, as he knows only too well when the time comes for Labour's next manifesto, then we'll see the true mettle of the man.

Bearing in mind the state the country will be in financially after all this, I wish him all the best.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Here it is. Damning evidence and the government should be accountable.

[tweet]1260532230226673665[/tweet]

This is an early document before Covid started to spread and was withdrawn on 13 March 2020. Useful only to dig up obsolete quotes for political posturing.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Watched the parliamentary debate on monday. O Jeremy Corbyn skyped in or wharever. All thud and blunder, looked and sounded every inch the mousey political pipsqueak he always was. As opposed to Starmer who looks and sounds like what he is: a serious heavyweight politician

Starmer to me looks and sounds like Tony Blair, ****ing lawyers!

Edit, I meant Sir Kier Starmer

cad572bc1a967b08da50f1f4c1af2b16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is an early document before Covid started to spread and was withdrawn on 13 March 2020. Useful only to dig up obsolete quotes for political posturing.

Which part of ‘advice in place until 12th March’ was ambiguous?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

They are being criticised by other science and medical experts on a daily basis. Where have you been ?

Science doesn't exist in vacuum. It's also very political, experts will always disagree but it's down to the government to:

1) Structure and manage the experts.

2) Recruit the best to the senior roles.

3) Take different opinions from other experts.

Clearly this Government (because of it's ideological stance) didn't want to lock the country down and take away "personal freedoms". It will always going to more attentive to scientific advice that suggested it didn't need to. But it wasn't the only advice out there.

Further more they have had to be pushed into:

1) Letting the rest of the scientific community know which skills (and personalities) are on the SAGE group.
2) Pissed off the SAGE group itself by redacting their criticisms of potential government policies. That's works both ways - the scientists may have been wrong, but they know we only get out of this through transparency and collaboration.

When it was forced to lock down, it was far too late. Because of those mistakes it's gonna us longer than other most countries (relatively) to get out of the mess.

The PPE shortages, the missing masks, the mismanagement of the stockpile, the failure to act on the recommendations of Exercise Cygnus are all down to this party that been in power for a very long time.

Wait for the inquiry, it's gonna be a shocker.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

If Johnson was prepared he wouldn't have stated that it was untrue, he would have pointed out when and why the detail changed.

However ,in Johnson's world, lies, bluff and no attention to detail is highly regarded.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Regardless, I posted my worries on Nsc about care homes because I have two relatives in care homes. That was weeks ago, and the government continued to put ill patients into care.
GPs were telling relatives that their family member wouldn't be taken into hospital if they had a heart attack or stroke, but just made comfortable.
[MENTION=28993]Wil[/MENTION]bury Seagull will back me because he asked me if I had a source for that information. I told him it was personal experience of my family.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Have you heard about Dominic Cummings attending SAGE meetings and Boris Johnson missing 5 COBRA meetings Jan-February?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would be very interested to see both party's plans on how to get out of the recession and how to pay for this crisis.

Going to be a very tough time whoever is in charge.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I would be very interested to see both party's plans on how to get out of the recession and how to pay for this crisis.

Going to be a very tough time whoever is in charge.

The present government has already said all public sector pay is frozen, and taxes will rise. £30billion pounds in debt so austerity Mk2.

D

Deleted member 2719

Could it be any easier for the opposition in a situation like this?
Boris is in a lose-lose scenario and Starmer, and every other critic in the world is in a win-win situation.
I expect to see the press turning on Starmer by 2022 and digging up some dirt on him.

Fortunately, people with common sense will take the whole picture in, and they will see the great work that Boris and his cabinet are doing and not just point fingers at every opportunity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In a nutshell, no!

I should have just abstained.

:shootself

Wow!

Actually I'm glad you voted tory because if people had voted labour we'd not have Starmer now. and Jezza would still be there, making Boris look statesmanlike.

I actually did vote labour (in part to rid the constituence of the vapid Helen Whately) but safe in the knowledge Corbyn wouldn't win the GE.

It gives me no pleasure that Boris has turned out to be so awful in this time of crisis, and although it does at least hasten the likelihood of a Starmer giovernment in 4.5 years, I would rather Boris lose his war in a different battle. With real peoples' lives at stake, his melting is tragic for us all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When we have a crisis , it`s a good time to be in opposition !

Is the correct answer, even the Messiah Starmer would have struggled as PM. Although reading this thread I think he might have actually been the BESTEST political leader in the world during this cluster ****. :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Could it be any easier for the opposition in a situation like this?
Boris is in a lose-lose scenario and Starmer, and every other critic in the world is in a win-win situation.
I expect to see the press turning on Starmer by 2022 and digging up some dirt on him.

Fortunately, people with common sense will take the whole picture in, and they will see the great work that Boris and his cabinet are doing and not just point fingers at every opportunity.

_110047479_058302012-1.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here