Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Johnson is weak getting pushed around by the Hawks in his own party and now ignoring the science. With Starmer calling for a circuit break, he's backed into a bit of a corner.

He needs to do one now and probably again at Christmas to have any chance of avoiding another disaster

Still fire fighting as they go, no real plan

it is truly damming isn't it ...?? the divide and conquer tactic they have used is really biting them and particularly him in the arse......what sort of approval rating does he have .....12--15% , he really does come across as an utter buffoon , he may be intelligent academically but in practicality he is an absolute lemon.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Johnson is weak getting pushed around by the Hawks in his own party and now ignoring the science. With Starmer calling for a circuit break, he's backed into a bit of a corner.

He needs to do one now and probably again at Christmas to have any chance of avoiding another disaster

Still fire fighting as they go, no real plan

The ' science ' wanted a complete lockdown three weeks ago.....did you?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
it is truly damming isn't it ...?? the divide and conquer tactic they have used is really biting them and particularly him in the arse......what sort of approval rating does he have .....12--15% , he really does come across as an utter buffoon , he may be intelligent academically but in practicality he is an absolute lemon.

Sounds ideal for the job of PM.
We have had some shockers recently ( Major, Brown, Cameron, May )...so he just joins the list. ( Oh...I nearly forgot the smiling assassin...lets put him in a list on his own )

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sounds ideal for the job of PM.
We have had some shockers recently ( Major, Brown, Cameron, May )...so he just joins the list. ( Oh...I nearly forgot the smiling assassin...lets put him in a list on his own )

you mean the one that jumped on the bandwagon to destroy the middle east and precipitate the wave of human flotsam that we are getting now .....i think i know who you mean ......probably one of the biggest cants still walking the earth but that as they say is another story.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I would suggest that if the combined resources of multi millionaire father Stanley, Eton College and Oxford University only managed to get him an upper second class degree, the academic intelligence that you have envisaged maybe somewhat misplaced.

I think you may have made the common mistake of interpreting an expensive education as a measure of intelligence.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I would suggest that if the combined resources of multi millionaire father Stanley, Eton College and Oxford University only managed to get him an upper second class degree, the academic intelligence that you have envisaged maybe somewhat misplaced.

I think you may have made the common mistake of interpreting an expensive education as a measure of intelligence.

i'm entirely inclined to go along with that , he's obviously ****ed the pigs head and possibly been fingered by the entire alumni of 2002 .....i'm buggered if i know how these norberts get to where they are ........there really is no justice, look across the pond and at the idiot we have in charge here who's personal wealth has apparently ballooned from 33m to 58 m in 6 months ......go figure :rolleyes:.....as they say.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
PMQs should be lively today. There is now clear blue water between the two parties on Covid. Andy Burnham has been playing the north v south divide card (a difficult one for Sir K to play given he's from Surrey). There's the issue of free school meals which might prove to be an easy target. Johnson will come out swinging and his backbenchers will be primed to be at their braying best.
We might even get a question on Brexit as Johnson lurches towards that wonderful Australian deal.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Slight change of target but I once saw Rees-Mogg described as a stupid person's idea of an intelligent one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Our fearless leader completely missed the point of Starmer's questions today (or willingly ignored the actual question). Quite simply Starmer was asking how areas get out of Tier 3 if the measures in Tier 3 are not strict enough to get the R down, as has been suggested by his own scientific advisors. All he could answer was that Starmer wanted to 'turn the lights out' and that rates would be reviewed every 28 days.

Fingers crossed these areas see a reduction I guess because the plan to get out of Tier 3 simply doesn't exist.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PMQ has now been rendered meaningless under BJ. BJ only has to bat away the first 15 minutes of withering truisms from Sir Keir. He doesn't even care about that anymore, let alone the following 45 soft touch minutes. PM ticked off the bucket list. Job done! Resign in the Spring for 'health reasons' which are in reality salary issues. What a piece of **** that bloke is

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Our fearless leader completely missed the point of Starmer's questions today (or willingly ignored the actual question). Quite simply Starmer was asking how areas get out of Tier 3 if the measures in Tier 3 are not strict enough to get the R down, as has been suggested by his own scientific advisors. All he could answer was that Starmer wanted to 'turn the lights out' and that rates would be reviewed every 28 days.

Fingers crossed these areas see a reduction I guess because the plan to get out of Tier 3 simply doesn't exist.

reality is if Tier 3 doesnt help, the local restrictions increase, more businesses close completly and potentially schools (last resort). i dont know why Johnson doesnt simply say that, except its what Stamer wants him to say.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
reality is if Tier 3 doesnt help, the local restrictions increase, more businesses close completly and potentially schools (last resort). i dont know why Johnson doesnt simply say that, except its what Stamer wants him to say.

Because Starmer is, rightly or wrongly I guess, on the side of a short sharp lockdown. Not easy this but you have to be able to back up your plan and have a way out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Slight change of target but I once saw Rees-Mogg described as a stupid person's idea of an intelligent one.

I disagree slightly.

Boris Johnson is a stupid person's idea of a clever person.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a stupid person's idea of a clever person's idea of a clever person.

As a spoiler alert, neither are as clever as they think they are.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can you quantify that?

Have you seen assessments?

If they were as clever as they think they are one wouldn't have spent his life being caught out lying and the other wouldn't have spent his life as a no-mark backbencher until he was suitably weird for people to notice.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If they were as clever as they think they are one wouldn't have spent his life being caught out lying and the other wouldn't have spent his life as a no-mark backbencher until he was suitably weird for people to notice.

Absolutely brilliant.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Pleased to see that the Speaker picked up The Fat One today on his juvenile habit of referring to the SNP as the Scottish Nationalist Party. Other than that it was very much business as usual with Starmer asking perfectly reasonable questions in a reasonable fashion and Johnson not answering them in an obnoxious fashion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here