Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on you slags. I have had the last word on several threads in the bear pit. That can't be right?

Let's see the best of NSC wit shine.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To keep it relevant to the thrust of the thread, this emerged over the weekend

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...n-to-step-up-personal-attacks-on-keir-starmer

Seems BoJo's IRA stunt went down like a lead balloon so much he's taking it out on his staff and wants "new attack lines". Obviously his own record isn't seen as enough of a success to simply cite that.

I was listening live on the radio last Wednesday, It was an unbelievably ridiculous attempt to try and avoid answering a question that Johnson realised he could not answer. It was jaw droppingly stupid to try to throw that at someone with considerably more integrity than himself..... loved the little quote in that article........ "If Boris Johnson wants to have a debate with Keir about past careers then bring it on "
Labour source..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure Boris has a whole freezer full of oven-ready damntion of Starmer at his disposal. Certain.

Ahem.

"Starmer, has A Funny Voice." "Er, and he's a Corbyn apologist".

I thank you.

Now I'm off to dry my eyes and prepare for sunny uplands and another Tory Reich.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Sir kneel has nothing to offer, his blandness goes before him token opposition at best but i'm glad you're enjoying yourself
Regards
DF

Good grief, you've been listening to Mouldy Boots too much.

The main advantage he has over Johnson is competence. Admitted that Johnson is more entertaining, but only to the extent that it is impossible for anyone with any active brain cells to take him seriously.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm looking forward to today's Prime Ministers Evasions, should be a corker.. Pity the Tory MP's who lost the seat raffle and have to sit through it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hmgov brazenly admitting in parliament that they're not going to adhere go the rule of law? Former DPP Starmer will tear him a new one over that, nothing surer. Let the mother of all beastings begin!

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Boris continually trying to argue again, with so little substance. Yet again, has to try and get his cronies riled up to cover up his failings.

He really is a terrible speaker and a terrible PM.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit of a damp squib today. Johnson seems quite convinced it is easy to get a Covid test and the " median" distance to travel for one is 10 miles.... How come my daughter had to do a 110 mile round trip to Croydon on Monday for a test?

Also tried to say that the system was clogged up by people without symptoms asking for tests? Who actually asks for a test if they have no symptoms? Apparently capacity for testing will shortly hit 700,000 tests " A Day"? Is he serious? I hardly know anyone that has even had one test!

Jan 30, 2008
Bit of a damp squib today. Johnson seems quite convinced it is easy to get a Covid test and the " median" distance to travel for one is 10 miles.... How come my daughter had to do a 110 mile round trip to Croydon on Monday for a test?

Also tried to say that the system was clogged up by people without symptoms asking for tests? Who actually asks for a test if they have no symptoms? Apparently capacity for testing will shortly hit 700,000 tests " A Day"? Is he serious? I hardly know anyone that has even had one test!

Normally selfish ****ers who are holidaying abroad
Regards
DF

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bit disappointment by Sir K today. He allowed the Spaffer to play the 'are you with us or against us' card too easily. As he has agreed to all the lockdown regulations, it's tricky then to appear to criticise the outcome of them.
The real opposition to this dreadful shower came today from the Speaker with his angry reference to the contempt in which they hold Parliament, Not that it will bother Johnson overmuch.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit disappointment by Sir K today. He allowed the Spaffer to play the 'are you with us or against us' card too easily. As he has agreed to all the lockdown regulations, it's tricky then to appear to criticise the outcome of them.
The real opposition to this dreadful shower came today from the Speaker with his angry reference to the contempt in which they hold Parliament, Not that it will bother Johnson overmuch.
Starmer played with a straight bat as usual while Johnson wafted and played around every delivery... Johnson, managed to go from thanking Starmer and the Labour Party for their support over Covid to accusing Starmer and the Labour Party of "Sniping from the sidelines when they really should be supporting the government" in the answers to two consequitive questions!

Also a little bit of a stretch to say that the virus would have been worse had it not been for the marvellous work of managing the economy byTory governments over the last 10 years.... How much worse than 40,000 deaths could that be?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Boris is a Baffoon we all know that but when the knives come out as they surlely will be before the next scheduled election what might replace him might be just sinister

Labour is currently playing its hand close to its chest in not being drawn into saying anything that completely supports or completely denounces the Tories actions with either the EU negotiations or COVID legislation instead it's letting the Tories cook in a soup of their own making, as the Tories who remember have a huge majority and impervious to anything opersition does or does not do.

Neither Boris as PM nor Labours non action go on forever

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Labour is currently playing its hand close to its chest in not being drawn into saying anything that completely supports or completely denounces the Tories actions with either the EU negotiations or COVID legislation instead it's letting the Tories cook in a soup of their own making, as the Tories who remember have a huge majority and impervious to anything opersition does or does not do.

Neither Boris as PM nor Labours non action go on forever

Do you think Labour's inaction is highly planned and strategic, or the fact they don't know (or wish the electorate to know) of their future plans?
Also can't risk upsetting Len & Co.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Do you think Labour's inaction is highly planned and strategic, or the fact they don't know (or wish the electorate to know) of their future plans?
Also can't risk upsetting Len & Co.

I think Labour has a plan but it's a dangerous one as some of the Tories are so ideogicaly Brexit driven we as a nation might still be heading for a cliff edge.
I also think Starmer is strong enough in his position as leader to suppress the far left of his party who remember tried and failed to win the previous two elections, this strength can be seen with the number of less far left nominations for the NEC which is the real power base of Labour

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think Labour has a plan but it's a dangerous one as some of the Tories are so ideogicaly Brexit driven we as a nation might still be heading for a cliff edge.
I also think Starmer is strong enough in his position as leader to suppress the far left of his party who remember tried and failed to win the previous two elections, this strength can be seen with the number of less far left nominations for the NEC which is the real power base of Labour

When do you feel he might start to risk a few plans and policies 'should they get elected'?

Whilst I'm sure that they have learned and moved on from free WiFi for all, at some stage they need to capitalise on BoJo's apparent failings.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here