Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This must be BJ's most feared hour of his week. And all the bluff and bluster in the world won't save him from the forensic scrutiny of Starmer. Must be absolutely terrifying politicallyvwhen there's nowhere to hide and nowhere to deflect

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No way on earth Johnson will be the Tory candidate come the next General Election. 2-3 or so years of being skewered weekly will do for him imo.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This must be BJ's most feared hour of his week. And all the bluff and bluster in the world won't save him from the forensic scrutiny of Starmer. Must be absolutely terrifying politicallyvwhen there's nowhere to hide and nowhere to deflect

460c475b1a28ba5f896a4d8745246295.gif

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No way on earth Johnson will be the Tory candidate come the next General Election. 2-3 or so years of being skewered weekly will do for him imo.

Agreed, the total incompetence and ineptitude in the last few weeks has done for him I'm afraid, and I voted for the dick.:ffsparr:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Starmer is excellent. Just what Labour and this country needed. Forensic, fair but determined and clear. No hiding place for the blustering fools any more.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Perhaps another interesting question is whether anyone who voted in the leadership contest regrets voting for Johnson instead of Hunt ?

I'm not a member of the Conservative party so did not vote for Johnson either but come on . . . Jeremy Hunt !!!
Less waving of the arms than Boris admittedly but is he really any better ? He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory during this, or any other, NHS crisis.
I think Keir Starmer will walk the next election.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Starmer really looks like he means business and I can't see the absurdity of Johnson, Gove et al being able for it.

Good time for the Conservatives to look towards the Rory Stewarts and Rushi Sunaks in the party.

All in all, good for the UK.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not a member of the Conservative party so did not vote for Johnson either but come on . . . Jeremy Hunt !!!
Less waving of the arms than Boris admittedly but is he really any better ? He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory during this, or any other, NHS crisis.
I think Keir Starmer will walk the next election.

Hunt in charge during a pandemic with his reputation in the NHS :eek::mad::mad:

I find the whole political landscape so ****ing depressing - the GE choice between BJ and JC was just awful, and BJ had no real competition within his own party..........however, impressed with Starmer so far and his calm, forensic approach - he's shooting fish in a barrel at the moment though, all he needs is to be on top of the data to cut through the bluster. BJ is going to get repeatedly skewered as it's the antithesis of how he operates.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Starmer really looks like he means business and I can't see the absurdity of Johnson, Gove et al being able for it.

Good time for the Conservatives to look towards the Rory Stewarts and Rushi Sunaks in the party.

This - if it forces the Tories away from populists and towards competents, that is good for everyone.

Starmer v Stewart or Sunak and I don't think I'd actually mind too much who won, in the grand scheme of things.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

They've already looked at Rory Stewart - clever, but just a little too weird!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here