Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Face masks / gloves...serious question

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Folks my boys are back here on Friday and I want to buy "proper" face masks and gloves, yet up until now delivery has been weeks off.

Do you please know any reliable providers (on amazon or else where) that will do the job?

Take care everyone x

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No.

I had a look on Amazon yesterday and all the face masks have very lengthy delivery times, seem to be overpriced and in a lot of cases have very poor reviews on the quality and effectiveness of the mask.

Interestingly I saw a news report yesterday where in France free masks were being handed out to commuters, which raises the question of why aren't the UK Government doing something similar if masks are deemed to be compulsory.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
No.

I had a look on Amazon yesterday and all the face masks have very lengthy delivery times, seem to be overpriced and in a lot of cases have very poor reviews on the quality and effectiveness of the mask.

Exactly this, on Amazon, even with Prime delivery people have been waiting weeks and while I'm no expert of course, they look shit!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Make your own with the Inigo Calderon look.

D64C0816-FEA6-4C96-8A1F-D26AEA6EBAF7.png

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have no idea where people are getting their masks form, or disposable gloves... I've absolutely no idea where you can get hand sanitiser either, if you are in the know I suppose they are Sitting on loads of it ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
No.

Interestingly I saw a news report yesterday where in France free masks were being handed out to commuters, which raises the question of why aren't the UK Government doing something similar if masks are deemed to be compulsory.

But they haven't said they are compulsory but but have been suitably vague. Wear them if you want and we can't conclusively say they are worth it either! Which leaves the decision il your court and at the mercy of supply and demand aka long wait times and rip off prices.

The quality of masks worn by most dentists normally retail for about £6 for pack of 50. Now try comparing that to what's showing now.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have no idea where people are getting their masks form, or disposable gloves... I've absolutely no idea where you can get hand sanitiser either, if you are in the know I suppose they are Sitting on loads of it ?

Euro Car parts have gloves.
BM bargains had sanitiser today
But a face covering ( not mask ) on ebay ie a snood...plenty of supply and only £3

(mines all supplied by work)

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've got some for elderly relatives.

You can get a pack of "reasonable" dentist type masks for about 40p each on amazon. Also some very through away gloves, hundreds. Take about a week to turn up.

Avoiding the planet for the minute, the "low quality' is good because it will help encourage them to throw them in the bin outside the supermarket and NOT TAKE THEM HOME IN CAR.

I'm not sold on the masks, but gloves are a good idea as long as you throw them in the bin outside the shop.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And yes the masks are over priced, but everything is.

They are only going out at max twice a week to shop and not opening a dentist, so I'm not that fussed.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I got a pack of 10 a few weeks ago from Gearbest - a Chinese company but with UK stock. Took around a week to come and were overpriced but I have them should the need arise for any of my family. But I only went with Gearbest as I have had dealings with them in Electronics - there are shed loads of hoax sites out there and some amusing ones. I got an email from someone called Armada that offered me face masks, hand wash and sex toys. The next one I had from them was face masks, hand wash and conservatory furniture. The randomness of the "look - we are legit" items they add is always amusing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No.

Because too many people thought this group of scumbags in government would look after them.

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA

WHSmith had hand sanitiser when I went in there yesterday

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No.

Given the stock piling of food earlier by panicking members of the public, would you expect reasonable behaviour which will allow everyone who needs to buy them the opportunity to get some, or would there be a mass panic again and a few stockpiling once again?

Supplies should and must be prioritised to those at greater risk (so health care professionals, etc being the first priority and as stocks improve, looking to the next most in need and so on...) and, as a lot of countries are struggling to source adequate supplies to meet that demand, why do you think Governments around the world (and not just in the UK) have been reluctant to tell the public to go out and buy them for personal use?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I got an email from someone called Armada that offered me face masks, hand wash and sex toys.

Oh - is that what that was?

The face masks and hand wash were great but after 2 days I had to email her back and ask for extra batteries for the thermometer.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here