Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will you do with your season ticket refund?

What will you do with your season ticket refund?

• Cash back to me

Votes: 158 77.1%
  • Waive the refund

Votes: 25 12.2%
  • Donate to Albion as One fund

Votes: 22 10.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What will you do with yours? (Assume you are unable to split the refund between two or more options)

"With confirmation that our nine outstanding Premier League fixtures will now only be played in a behind-closed-doors scenario, we will be writing to 1901 Club members, season-ticket holders and match-ticket purchasers by email with their own individual refund information.

Exact refund amounts will be outlined in the email with the aim that supporters will be repaid in the second week of June, although fans will also be given the opportunity to waive their refund or donate to the Albion As One fund. This is in response to a number of emails to the club from supporters wishing to be offered this opportunity."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1667668/albion-confirm-ticket-refund-information

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What will you do with yours? (Assume you are unable to split the refund between two or more options)

"With confirmation that our nine outstanding Premier League fixtures will now only be played in a behind-closed-doors scenario, we will be writing to 1901 Club members, season-ticket holders and match-ticket purchasers by email with their own individual refund information.

Exact refund amounts will be outlined in the email with the aim that supporters will be repaid in the second week of June, although fans will also be given the opportunity to waive their refund or donate to the Albion As One fund. This is in response to a number of emails to the club from supporters wishing to be offered this opportunity."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1667668/albion-confirm-ticket-refund-information

Direct Debit payers will see the refund amount deducted across the remaining monthly payments for the 2020/21 season ticket, starting from the June.

Most of us will only have the option of reduced DD's from June or Albion as one donation.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Probably waive it. Not feeling so inclined towards sky and BT sports though if they fail to entertain me with proper football games on the telly.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I’d have been a lot more inclined to waive my family’s ST refunds in order to help the club, if we’d seen some real agreement to significant pay reductions on the part of the players. Without that I’m much less inclined to - would rather donate the money to a food bank frankly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Direct Debit payers will see the refund amount deducted across the remaining monthly payments for the 2020/21 season ticket, starting from the June.

Most of us will only have the option of reduced DD's from June or Albion as one donation.

Reduced DD’s for what though?

It’s almost certain that football-in-front-of-fans won’t return in August, perhaps not for the rest of the year or even 20/21 season. I’m going to start resenting paying a DD for watching live football from an uncertain and moveable date that might still be well over a year away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Surely you could just take the refund, and then as a separate transaction, make whatever level of donation to the charity fund, you chose?

(But not if you pay by DD, apparently)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well it's a lazy way to pay some money to local charities (not my local), so I'll consider that. However, I don't believe there is a moral imperative to help the club out, so in donating to charity I wouldn't pass judgement on someone just getting their cash back.

I'm surprised that the announcement wasn't made in conjunction with some idea of how the games would be televised. I have been presuming ticket holders would be able to watch the games live in some televised or streaming way as they can't attend the game.

If they've given you the money back do they now have no obligation to do that ?

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
What percentage of one weeks wage are the players giving to charity/ donating to the club I wonder, a lot less than 5 home games is worth to us in my opinion. Just saying! I've already donated to Capt Tom so it would be club or refund for me.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I’d have been a lot more inclined to waive my family’s ST refunds in order to help the club, if we’d seen some real agreement to significant pay reductions on the part of the players. Without that I’m much less inclined to - would rather donate the money to a food bank frankly.
Very much my thoughts as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’ll be taking the reduction on DDs. I’ll continue to be anxious about the excessive amount of money I have to spend out each month for the privilege of being able to attend (or not) a decent football match with my family/friends.

And I’ll continue to resent the fact my money is spent on paying footballers more per week than an NHS worker can earn in several years.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will probably donate the refund the the Albion charity - had already ‘spent’ the money, and with lockdown my own outgoings have fallen off a cliff.

I don’t see what the players are contributing to help the club as remotely relevant at all to the decision - this is about the Albion as One fund. I can’t see 20/21 starting normally but will cross that bridge when we get given options - if games are BCD will be interesting to see if/how any streaming service is managed between the clubs and Sky/BT who have already got contracts for coverage of a certain number of games.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Reduced DD’s for what though?

It’s almost certain that football-in-front-of-fans won’t return in August, perhaps not for the rest of the year or even 20/21 season. I’m going to start resenting paying a DD for watching live football from an uncertain and moveable date that might still be well over a year away.

This. No more direct debits for 2020/2021 should be taken until such time as there is clarity that we will be able to actually go.

Therefore cash refunds in respect of 2019/2020 should be given for all ST holders. What they do with it is up to them - see poll results

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having had a household income reduction approaching £2k a month with no significant reduction in outgoings, I’ll be taking any refund I can.

I think they should stop taking money for next season, too, as it’s a long way off having a start date and they can re-set the dds when it has, on the assumption we’d be able to attend.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Put it in my lifetime isa

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fast-greyhound-495x400.jpg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Refund for me. With players and staff earning x£s per week wouldnt consider giving to club. I would have thought differently if in lower divisions.
I would have thought this has put Seagull Travel in trouble and would not accept refund from them.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I will not be contributing my refund to the club as I do not believe the season should restart until it is safe for us to attend. However I do not want the season declared null and void but as football is resuming for solely financial reasons I am taking the same attitude by keeping my money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here