Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A football rumour that a friend told me

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Reckons when fans are allowed back into football stadiums, only home fans will be allowed for a duration to stop away fans from traveling.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably quite likely, guessing it will be one of the suggestions when we get close to having crowds at football games again, something I hope will happen within the next five years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Potentially makes sense if cross country travel is still being discouraged at the time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A mate of mine, who works at some obscure place over in Stockley Park, says that his firm are already looking for offsides in the PL, wll into the 2022/2023 season :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My understanding is that offsides will be encouraged to allow for social distancing.

el punal

Reckons when fans are allowed back into football stadiums, only home fans will be allowed for a duration to stop away fans from traveling.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

1. Has your friend been drinking Trump juice?

2. The Amex was built on the understanding that the vast majority of fans ( 80%+) would use public transport to get there.

3. What of the “home” fans who don’t live within jogging distance of our great emporium.

4. That would completely f*** up Man.Utd as most of their home fans live 200 miles away. :drink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given that under the incoming changes to Stay At Home from tomorrow I can jump in my car and drive to Carlisle if I want to, I don't see away fans being banned.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Thoughts?

Oh dear, Old Trafford will be half empty then if fans can’t travel (I know this old chestnut has been largely disproved, but hey, without the stereotype there’s no gag).

Oops, beaten to it, see #12

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It sounds plausible, and I think perhaps people may not have the same level of disposable income for a while, to justify £150+ on a day out

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Thoughts?

Sounds like a possible idea that has been discussed as a staged approach back to normality. But we are months and months away from normality.

You've firstly got to work out how to get the home fans into a stadium safely. Can't see those packed shuttle trains (or buses) being allowed any time soon even after the country has opened up a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here