Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Peanut butter marmite

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
What a weird experience that was....not sure what I think of it still...

Anyone else tried it?

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What a weird experience that was....not sure what I think of it still...

Anyone else tried it?

Thoughts?

Yes, it's delicious – IMO, like*. One of the greatest things I've ever tasted. I love the two spreads separately and bringing them together really works for me. Had a lovely bagel smothered in the stuff this morning.

*It's CLEARLY an acquired taste, so there will be people on here (and elsewhere) absolutely HATING it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Here it is

f7fae41f3de473fb9b229a27e2e13548.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, it's delicious – IMO, like*. One of the greatest things I've ever tasted. I love the two spreads separately and bringing them together really works for me. Had a lovely bagel smothered in the stuff this morning.

*It's CLEARLY an acquired taste, so there will be people on here (and elsewhere) absolutely HATING it.

I also love both of the two constituent parts, but have heard others not particularly liking the jar of them combined so I've held off for fear of it turning me off either, or both, of my favourite things.

Maybe I should try a DIY combination first and take it from there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought it was pretty poor, somewhat gooey and rather runny and mildly tasted of Marmite.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You must try marmite, butter & mustard, in equal measures, and apply to a crumpet .... it's a life changer, it takes food to another level, bliss!

(*Mix up in a pot first!)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I also love both of the two constituent parts, but have heard others not particularly liking the jar of them combined so I've held off for fear of it turning me off either, or both, of my favourite things.

Maybe I should try a DIY combination first and take it from there.

Hmmm, I tried making my own, using a dollop of marmite in a near-empty jar of PB and it didn't go well. It completely dried out so became more of a crumble consistency than a spread.

FWIW I bought some for my brother-in-law who, like you (and me), loves both elements and he's all over it...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I thought this was a joke at first until I saw the picture. Lunchtimes I have three slices of bread with peanut butter plus, if available, the end crust with marmite. Spreading the marmite first means some sticks to the knife and then spreads with the peanut butter and, well to be honest it's horrible. I now lick the knife clean before using in the peanut butter pot.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Marmite enhances and improves anything.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I had been recommended this combination long before the official product was released. Being a big fan of both spreads I was enthusiastic. Sadly it is an example of where a team is weaker than its constituent parts. Bit like the golden generation in a jar. Don't be lulled.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have eaten peanut butter and marmite on toast for many years.
Thought I was alone in this,until I saw Nigel Planer on the Big Breakfast, state that it was also his breakfast of choice.

The combined jar is ok, but I find the PB too runny. I won't buy it again.
I prefer a thicker spread . Whole earth crunchy is a personal favourite, but any old home brand (crunchy) will normally do.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I had been recommended this combination long before the official product was released. Being a big fan of both spreads I was enthusiastic. Sadly it is an example of where a team is weaker than its constituent parts. Bit like the golden generation in a jar. Don't be lulled.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I always eat the two together.
I find now that eating peanut butter on it's own, tastes completely wrong.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Never really seen the point of buying the two together, but like combining them myself.

I am with Notters here, is it for lazy people? Surely applying both spreads yourself allows you to temper the consistencies to suit your individual taste. I prefer a thin but uneven coating of marmite before applying a more liberal layer of (preferably crunchy) peanut butter. Spreading the marmite after the peanut butter is of course a bit foolish and is going to give you all sorts of unpredictable results - more suited to those that like living on the edge.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I've eaten them combined for as long as I remember, and I'm 53. It is a delicious partnership imo. The trick for me is a generous slathering of PB, and a light amount of the black stuff - almost like seasoning. Can't see the point of buying the product if you already have both in your larder.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I got 8 jars delivered last week from amazon for £2.50 .
It’s does seem quite runny unless that was because it was quite hot last week . Anyway I find it very nice and actually could do with a bit more marmite in.
I might try it with some cheese in aswell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here