Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 89

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched it - downloadable from Sky Sports on demand. Absolutely cracking documentary on Arsenal winning the League at Anfield. It covers the season but obviously focuses on THAT match, and the greatest climax to a League season there has ever been, or probably ever will be. I had goosebumps, and I don't even particularly like Arsenal. Just great seeing 80s football again, with the music of the time as well. Do yerself a favour and have a squint. Loved it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ve really been enjoying the games they’ve been putting on in the regular MOTD slot, featuring some ‘robust’ football from previous eras. In fact I’ve probably enjoyed those games far more than current PL highlights.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I loved the late eighties for football.

Anyone of four sides could have won the title by late March - Liverpool, Arsenal, Norwich and Millwall. It was fantastic. Liverpool had the experience of winning titles, Arsenal had some good young players coming through in Paul Merson, Lee Dixon, David Rocastle and the finishing of Alan Smith, Norwich played the best football and were the neutral's favourite and Millwall were up there because their home form at the Den was so good with the hostility shown towards visiting sides.

I picked up the Liverpool v Arsenal match with a review of the season as well on the DVD in Poundland about five years ago. One of my best ever purchases. And the pitches back then like Villa Park were difficult to control the ball on but the likes of John Barnes, Peter Beardsley, Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe and Dale Gordon etc made it look so easy.

Hooliganism was dying out and it was safe to go to a ground without fences like Highbury or Upton Park as a child with my dad.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I loved the late eighties for football.

Anyone of four sides could have won the title by late March - Liverpool, Arsenal, Norwich and Millwall. It was fantastic. Liverpool had the experience of winning titles, Arsenal had some good young players coming through in Paul Merson, Lee Dixon, David Rocastle and the finishing of Alan Smith, Norwich played the best football and were the neutral's favourite and Millwall were up there because their home form at the Den was so good with the hostility shown towards visiting sides.

I picked up the Liverpool v Arsenal match with a review of the season as well on the DVD in Poundland about five years ago. One of my best ever purchases. And the pitches back then like Villa Park were difficult to control the ball on but the likes of John Barnes, Peter Beardsley, Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe and Dale Gordon etc made it look so easy.

Hooliganism was dying out and it was safe to go to a ground without fences like Highbury or Upton Park as a child with my dad.

I had a mate from Bermondsay and used to go to Millwall with him occasionally that season. It was an unbelievably hostile place to go , I can understand why a lot of players bottled it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here