Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things in the Sixties/Seventies.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The decades, not age.

I was thinking about things that , although available in these decades, you never,or very rarely saw.

Cyclists wearing cycle helmets, nobody wore them back then, now it’s rare to see a bikist without one.
Grown men in shorts, I can’t remember ever seeing grown men, not playing sport wearing shorts.
Joggers, don’t think I ever saw a jogger until the end Seventies at the earliest.
Women with tattoos, and not a great many blokes, Joey Jones was about the only footballer I remember with one.

And yet,people smoking on the street was a very common sight, much rarer now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
DxPwX7nVYAUofGW.jpg

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The decades, not age.

I was thinking about things that , although available in these decades, you never,or very rarely saw.

Cyclists wearing cycle helmets, nobody wore them back then, now it’s rare to see a bikist without one.
Grown men in shorts, I can’t remember ever seeing grown men, not playing sport wearing shorts.
Joggers, don’t think I ever saw a jogger until the end Seventies at the earliest.
Women with tattoos, and not a great many blokes, Joey Jones was about the only footballer I remember with one.

What sort of women were you consorting with in the 70s? :D

One, of a myriad, of things you (or I) notice now when anything from those days is shown on the TV is the relative lack of 'larger' people. And old people really did look old then, too - 50+ looked ancient (string vests?). Now they are likely to be on the NSC Running thread! I won't raise the matter of football standards...…………...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Me dad once insisted on sunbathing in his string vest on Millport beach on a particularly clement Summer's day in the late 60's. Ended up looking like a cross between a lobster and a leopard. Don't think he ever did that again :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anything other than a full bush.

Edit, no scrub that. Let's just say mostly. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Things not available then?

Well, mobile phones, sushi, decent pub food, decent antiperspirant, live football on the telly.....oh bugger :cry:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
" exotic" fruit and veg. Things like mango and guava, passion fruit. I remember my father returning from south america with a basket of fruit he'd smuggled through customs with his work gear,. It was full of stuff we'd never seen before, but are pretty much common now in every supermarket of any size

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Playing football in my local park wearing wellies, as my parents couldn't afford to buy me trainers or boots (at that time).
I'd like to see David Beckham take free kicks in wellies :lol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The decades, not age.

Tattoo's generally were pretty rare, in my day anyone who wanted one would go to Portsmouth or more recently Brighton to get a tat.... who would have thought that there are about 20 places in Worthing doing them now !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here