Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Stay alert" - new govenment messaging

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s not the best, but it’s a really, really tricky one.

Operation SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE was a success, to put it mildly. The next message has to be nuanced. How do you give people hope, and start to gradually turn from “stay at home” to “go back to work, but safely”?

Also, the address hasn’t even happened yet, give him a chance!

In all seriousness, can anyone think of a better 2/3 word slogan? I’m not saying it’s brilliant, but I’d be impressed if anyone comes up with something much better.

Absolutely.

The politicising of this whole thing now has got completely tasteless.

The soon to be ex-slogan came with a whole load of caveats, particularly the "Stay at home" bit, ie you can exercise and go shopping etc, but I don't recall it being ripped to shreds for not being 100% factually accurate.

They can't say "Look, please just stay the **** away from others as much as you can" and if anyone is claiming to be confused, they really need to be having a word with themselves. Before they do that though, I'll help them: "Look, please just stay the **** away from others as much as you can".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In all seriousness, can anyone think of a better 2/3 word slogan? I’m not saying it’s brilliant, but I’d be impressed if anyone comes up with something much better.

After literally 30sec thought...

Carelessness costs lives.

Keep your distance.

A few more words...

Act like you have Covid-19.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This. We all signed up to staying home on the implicit understanding that by doing so we would be helping protect the NHS and helping save lives.

If the new slogan turns out to be accurate (still 7 hours for it to be revamped) then it deserves all the stick it gets. Sake! Why are hmgov so rubbish?

It's a consistent pattern of being rubbish though. The leaders of the three devolved governments were not/have not yet been consulted on the change of advice... from the BBC...………. "Leaders of the devolved nations said they had not been consulted over the "stay alert" slogan, with Ms Sturgeon saying that the first she heard of the updated guidance was in newspaper reports."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
After literally 30sec thought...

Carelessness costs lives.

Keep your distance.

A few more words...

Act like you have Covid-19.

Protect and Survive ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It’s not the best, but it’s a really, really tricky one.

Operation SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE was a success, to put it mildly. The next message has to be nuanced. How do you give people hope, and start to gradually turn from “stay at home” to “go back to work, but safely”?

Also, the address hasn’t even happened yet, give him a chance!

"Hold The Nerve"

:albion2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a consistent pattern of being rubbish though. The leaders of the three devolved governments were not/have not yet been consulted on the change of advice... from the BBC...………. "Leaders of the devolved nations said they had not been consulted over the "stay alert" slogan, with Ms Sturgeon saying that the first she heard of the updated guidance was in newspaper reports."

Maybe. Or it's just like when any major company or organisation unveils a change to its long-established logo...

"That's shit"

"How long did it take them to come up with that?"

"My 5 year old could do better."

"How much did they pay a creative agency to do that?"

"The old one was much better"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I know. The point, that I'm sure you're getting, is any old **** can pick holes in any other ****'s creative efforts in order to be a ****.

Nobody picked holes in the orginal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe. Or it's just like when any major company or organisation unveils a change to its long-established logo...

"That's shit"

"How long did it take them to come up with that?"

"My 5 year old could do better."

"How much did they pay a creative agency to do that?"

"The old one was much better"

A pal of mine works at GSK in Worthing, whenever the management come up with a new procedure or new working practices that are given an acronym the staff usually have a sarcastic/comedic phrase for the acronym within hours.

On a serious point though, the government have not covered themselves in glory at any stage thus far other than by rolling out the Nightingale's in record time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here