Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Stay alert" - new govenment messaging

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
stayalert.jpg

What a joke. Vague and meaningless.

Rejected in Scotland and being widely mocked online.

As someone said, it's like a poorly executed Apprentice challenge.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and to think, a group of people probably spent days to come up with that. even the colour is daft.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I thought their initial slogan was good. Clear, succinct.
But that was a simple message to announce a drastically new situation.
But easing out of lockdown was never going to involve simple messaging. It was always going to be incremental, and providing different messages to different audiences. And none of that is amenable to simple sloganeering. Unfortunately, Johnson and Cummings seem only to be able to think in terms of simple slogans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought we had to stay alert for terrorists? Now an invisible virus !!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Vile colours.

My reading of stay alert is to use hand hygiene, not invade people's personal spaces, isolate if you feel any symptoms etc... Although Twitter seems to be gleefully pretending to not understand what stay alert in this context might mean.

At least they've dropped the mawkish 'Protect the NHS'.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 123388

Cummings doings again? Can't be accidental shirley that it means whatever you want it to mean. Will get all the flak it thoroughly deserves. Utterly contemptible. So much so that I wouldn't be in the least surprised if it gets revamped before 7pm this evening

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
View attachment 123388

Note the colour change in the Border from red (danger) to green (go).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Vile colours.

My reading of stay alert is to use hand hygiene, not invade people's personal spaces, isolate if you feel any symptoms etc... Although Twitter seems to be gleefully pretending to not understand what stay alert in this context might mean.

At least they've dropped the mawkish 'Protect the NHS'.

Robet Jenrick told Andrew Marr this morning that "Stay alert will mean stay alert by staying home as much as possible."

Can't say I found 'Protect the NHS' particularly mawkish. Preventing the health service from being overwhelmed was a key part of the strategy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If it was, Don't go out and infect others you selfish pricks

Even that wouldn't stop some so really nothing really works

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't say I found 'Protect the NHS' particularly mawkish. Preventing the health service from being overwhelmed was a key part of the strategy.

This. We all signed up to staying home on the implicit understanding that by doing so we would be helping protect the NHS and helping save lives.

If the new slogan turns out to be accurate (still 7 hours for it to be revamped) then it deserves all the stick it gets. Sake! Why are hmgov so rubbish?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Robet Jenrick told Andrew Marr this morning that "Stay alert will mean stay alert by staying home as much as possible."

Personally hadn’t a problem with the ‘new’ one until ive just read your comment over staying at home as much as possible...if thats the case why change it?

As regards to Scotland I’m not interested in what Sturgeon is saying all she is bothered with is getting one over Westminster

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

It's awful. It certainly wont read like that to the average idiots chomping at the bit to get out after fridays headlines in the press they will see no mention of staying home and assume as long as they are careful they can get back to normal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here