Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our best ever result

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What is our most impressive ever result? I'm not asking what is our most important match (Hereford away blah blah).

I mean the ones where the result we achieved really exceeded expectations. Neutrals would look at the sunday paper / vidiprinter / newsfeed and think "bloody hell, Brighton did well today".

Could it be from our cup runs in the early 80s? Or Fans Utd? A victory over Man U or Arsenal in the Premier League era maybe? (always remembering that 20 years ago, a win at Oldham, may have been just as implausible as turning over the gooners at the Emirates)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Humiliating (a granted piss poor) Champions League finalist Spurs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Beating Wigan 1-0 in the second half of 96/97 season. Think they were top of the 3rd Division at the time - they certainly won it - and we were bottom of the football league at the time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I obviously dont have the historic insight most or all of you do, but beating the Champions League finalists with 3-0 is probably going to sound pretty good in the history books, when everyone have forgotten how shit they were.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I obviously dont have the historic insight most or all of you do, but beating the Champions League finalists with 3-0 is probably going to sound pretty good in the history books, when everyone have forgotten how shit they were.

you have a point

Liverpool & Forest were most definantly not (2 incredible wins)

I think we beat Villa also when they were European Champions,but at home

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
6-0 win over Mansfield in the first ever competitive match at the Withdean in 1999/2000 season.

Blazing hot sunshine, great atmosphere and the (really) bad old days were behind us of sharing at Gillingham and the drop down the football league.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Two away matches at different levels immediately spring to mind: Liverpool away in our 1983 cup run and a 7-1 victory over Chester in 2000.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion perfection delivered by:
Potter

Ryan

Montoya
Webster
Dunk
Burn

Stephens
Alzate
Mooy
Gross

Maupay
Connolly

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

May 4, 2020
For performance, away to Watford who were a division above us, in the cup, the year we won league 1. Only time I've seen a game where a team had more than 100% possession

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Made all the more surprising when you take into consideration:-

Albion perfection delivered by:
Potter - shite and naive.

Ryan - Too small

Montoya - shite.
Webster - Hardly a footballer
Dunk - One of our own.