Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Social Distance Conga

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
True Story - On the 4th September 1982 I was one of 8,659 people who set a then world record for the biggest ever conga. Never got to meet Roy Castle or Norris McWhirter though.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Anyone ever see conger cuddling? I did as a kid in Lyme Regis. People would stand on flowerpots as human skittles and a dead conger eel would be swung at them, barroom skittles style, to knock them off.

Last one standing wins.

It was brilliant fun; the locals loved it and the tourists loved it. And best of all it raised thousands of pounds each year for the RNLI during Lifeboat Week.

And then one animal rights activist complained and got it stopped.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Is it time the government banned conga's until a vaccine is found?

Just look at these goons in Warrington yesterday ...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/grappenhall-conga-social-distancing-warrington-ve-day-a4436201.html

:facepalm:

Is this the place to come for the 'Furious Backlash'?

Although, the first thing I noticed was, actually, they were making every effort to keep distant, even with the oblique angle of the camera.

..& yesterday was not about remembering the dead, but celebrating the end of a devastating war in Europe. Wasn't it?

..& it looked like pretty good exercise to me?

I 'spose it's possible it's just lazy s*** journalism, maybe?

(Was that enough FURY?)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True Story - On the 4th September 1982 I was one of 8,659 people who set a then world record for the biggest ever conga. Never got to meet Roy Castle or Norris McWhirter though.

Was the queue too long? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this the place to come for the 'Furious Backlash'?

Although, the first thing I noticed was, actually, they were making every effort to keep distant, even with the oblique angle of the camera.

..& yesterday was not about remembering the dead, but celebrating the end of a devastating war in Europe. Wasn't it?

..& it looked like pretty good exercise to me?

I 'spose it's possible it's just lazy s*** journalism, maybe?

(Was that enough FURY?)

Yes, but it was destinctly deficient in the outrage department. I didn't get where I am today by being deficient in the outrage department.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would be ironic for a country which still unhealthily obsesses about the Second World War to end up Vera Lynn-ing itself to death.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Seems a bit over the top to feel "fury"to a few people just trying to have a bit of a morale booster.they seem to be following the guidelines.looks no different to a supermarket queue.and for all we know they may even live in the same house.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looked like they were all a carefully measured 6ft apart, they had a bit of a laugh.........just glad my close didn’t want to do something like that.........

Not sure what you’d call it but ‘lawn crawl’ is the best I can come up with. Just drifted from front garden to front garden (all TORIES obviously), chatting and getting slowly hammered. Started at 4, fell through my own gate about 11 (forgot to shut the garage, left the car keys in the door, didn’t shut said gate and spent much of this morning rinsing out things for the recycling bin). Never got within 2m of a neighbour throughout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here