Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Little Richard RIP

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And the bad week for musicians continues with reports that Little Richard has died at the age of 87.

One of the original rock n rollers

RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The rock n roll shouter from Macon Georgia... for me, one of the four premier league rockers of the 1950s. I saw him perform in Brighton at the start of his comeback tour - he pretended to have a heart attack whilst standing on top of his piano.

The other three were Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry. Some may disagree.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a long and illustrious life, RIP Little Richard. Oozed talent and creative genius.

Not my musical thing particularly, he was my Dad’s, but I know that virtually all the 60’s artists I love worshipped Little Richard.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
When Musicians pass on people often say oh he influenced bands x y and z but in this case he influenced a whole genre of music.

I wonder what sort of music Florian and He are thinking up this evening?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Real trailblazer of a music artist, RIP

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Will miss his reports on the Royal Family.
RIP

B85C2A3C-0DF9-40A2-AD66-9254DD771F6D.jpeg

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
As well as being one of the original rock and rollers, he was also the first high profile glam-rocker, paving the way for New York Dolls, Bowie, Queen etc. He was obviously a huge influence on Prince. Groundbreaking vocalist too - the Beatles purloined his vocal stylings, as did many others. Another of the greats gone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not my musical thing particularly .................. but I know that virtually all the 60’s artists I love worshipped Little Richard.
That sums it up for me too, though strangely since looking into this thread I've heard some (new to me) Little Richard material that I like rather better than his more obvious and better known stuff. Still, 87's not a bad innings. RIP.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Legend for sure, real character and trend setter, with eye liner, make up, back in the 50s that was outrageous. Not really my thing musically he was too soulful, which is not a bad thing, I just don’t like soul or gospel much. Met him once in a lift in Nashville at hotel we were staying in, he said hello asked our names and where we were from, he said he loved the UK. He was doddering about then, that was about 12 years ago...

R.I.P

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here