Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Both Archie Davies and Jordan Davies released by Albion

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The two Davies both said their goodbyes on social media on Friday. Hastings-born Archie has been at the club for six years; the former Ratton Rangers player and Buckswood Football Academy schoolboy joined Albion during his U-16 schoolboy season. He made his debut for the first team when he started in the Carabao Cup defeat to Aston Villa in September.

Jordan joined the Albion in January 2017 from Wrexham for an undisclosed fee that was rumoured to be around the £75,000 mark. He made the bench for that Carabao Cup fixture against Aston Villa but that was the closest he got to first team action.

News on other players will probably filter out over the coming days, although hopefully Albion will make an official announcement on the retain/release list for the U-23s and scholars.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's sad.

Archie also played for Hastings Rangers briefly.

I wish both lads all the best for the future.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunate timing, football is going to have to press the reset button with a serious rethink of wage and transfer budgets, which hopefully would mean more home grown players will get the chance at the Albion.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
That's interesting. I got the impression from watching the u23s, admittedly only on streams, that Archie Davies was progressing well. But I suppose Lamptey coming means that there's no real way forward for a right back. In a way it's good that even a promising player like him isn't good enough for us, but hard on the youngster. I hope both are picked up somewhere else.

Wasn't Jordan Davies supposed to be the new Gareth Bale?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9340809 said:
Feel for them, very uncertain time to be getting released. Hard enough at the best of times, but much tougher now to get snapped straight back up I imagine

Maybe. Conversely though, lower division clubs especially, may be averse to spending money on new talent, whereas they of course would be available on frees.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lewis Freestone has confirmed he is being released. Another strange signing (along with Billy Collings and Joseph Tomlinson), he joined the club last summer after being released by Peterborough:-

[TWEET]1267480207730053120[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lewis Freestone has confirmed he is being released. Another strange signing (along with Billy Collings and Joseph Tomlinson), he joined the club last summer after being released by Peterborough:-

[TWEET]1267480207730053120[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1289595503840120832[/TWEET]

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
[TWEET]1289531147492315136[/TWEET]

Surprised Archie couldn’t find a club in League 1 but perhaps staying in Sussex was important to him.

I made the mistake of watching the interview at that link - Archie looks so uncomfortable on camera and is just trotting out football cliche after football cliche :lolol:

He could be a hell of a signing for Crawley, hopefully he can prove himself now and move forward.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Great to see our youth system giving chances for players to start a career in professional football. Regardless of what people think about talent only being produced for the first team. This is without good news for the club in attracting young talent from across europe.

Good luck to Archie, will check out his games when the Albion are miles away

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Crawley seems a good match for him. Buckswood have had other links with Albion I think since stepping up their facilities and coaching (must be scarily 20 odd years ago).

I'm a firm believer we don't need Premier League starters coming through every season just as long as we get some bench players and minor sales to go alongside the odd gem now and again. The more important thing is producing a team of players who all get a pro job somewhere and nurture those gems along the road to the first team properly.

Local Sussex lads I mean. Once they get to Under 23's these days they'll be mixed in with players from all round the world so it's hardly 'the academy'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here