Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The one and only,world famous,Fridat night drinking thread!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Very good evening to you lovely N.S.C-ers, to mark the anniversary of V.E. Day I have managed to source a bottle/can of beer from each of the Allied Countries and will be drinking a toast to each one as I sup my way through them all. Happy Fridat to you all and wish you good health and happiness!!!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1100050310.JPG

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
As part of my exercise today, I cycled to a friend's house to take photos of his garden which I re-landscaped in the winter. He happened to be in and staying within social distancing guidelines, plied me with two cans of lager, but I didn't bother to see what was written on the cans. When I cycled back home, (is there a word for staggering slightly on a bike?), my next door neighbour presented me with a glass of ale brewed in the Hand in Hand pub, a very short distance away, still staying within social distancing guidelines. After that, I got a bottle of Leffe Kreik out of my fridge to wash my afternoon's work, down.
I'm now going to have my dinner consisting of chili and rice, which I'll finish with a bottle of Crabbies alcoholic Ginger Beer. I know how to live!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Working my way through a 4 pint takeout of Beyond the Horizon Pale Ale from Riverside Brewery... marvellous scenes !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've had a couple of those Kopparberg fruit ciders in the garden. The ones that on most days taste like the stuff your kids knock back with jelly and cream, only without the alcohol, but when the sun is shining, taste like a loverly fruity alocolholly thing that should probably be consumed with jelly and ice cream.

Pokerstars later so haven't gone too mad. My in game options appear to be another Kopparberg, the remains of a bottle of Zensa Nero Di Troia or rum and ice. It probably depends if I'm winning.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Worked bloody hard in the garden today including digging up a knackered old azalea so rewarded myself with a Fullers ESB.

Mrs Jakarta suggested some fizz to celebrate VE Day with our evening meal so on a day like today what else could it be but a bottle of Nyetimber?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The BBC said that at 2:55 I should 'raise a glass' to those we lost and thank the ones that came home. This I did with some £3.69 white from Aldi. Yuk!

I thought similar when I had a holiday in Malta, lots of the local history proudly relates how the island of Malta fought off German forces...…. only for Lidl to win the commercial battle anyway !

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Started with Titanic plum Porter ,now on HB Hofbrau Dunkel . One more after maybe a Schlenkeria Smoked or a Munich Augustiner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here